Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Divorce, Separation, Annulment

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2020, 02:57 PM   #1
Rcarlet2
Rcarlet2's Flag is: United States

Default Community Assets for impending Divorce

My soon to be ex-wife has an attorney and I am pro per. She is constantly text messaging me asking for me to give her items that are listed on divorce as community property. Does she not have to go through her attorney to do this or can she directly reach out to me for these items?
Rcarlet2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-25-2020, 05:34 PM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: Community Assets for impending Divorce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcarlet2 View Post
can she directly reach out to me for these items?
Of course she CAN, she already IS.

Write a letter to her lawyer, objecting to her behavior. Cite each instance, the time and date, the item, the conversation. Keep writing letters every time she misbehaves. The idea being that her lawyer has to read them and will charge her for it.

That's what I did during my divorce. I had no lawyer. When my ex got to $20,000 in lawyer fees (25 years ago), she choked and settled with me.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No