Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Car Accident Claims

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2019, 12:27 PM   #1
CharnasLaw
CharnasLaw's Flag is: United States

Default 4 FAQs About Car Accident Head Injury Claims

Brain trauma is one of the most devastating kinds of injuries a person can sustain. Even if the injury isn’t life-threatening, the victim might suffer permanent complications that affect his or her relationships, ability to earn an income, and general quality of life.

If you sustained a traumatic brain injury (TBI) in a car accident, recovering compensation for medical bills and other damages won’t turn back time, but it may protect your family’s financial security and ensure you get the best care possible. Read on to learn the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about car accident head injury claims:

How Can I Prove the Severity of My Head Injury?

TBIs are inherently complicated. They might not even be detectable on CT scans, X-rays, and other diagnostic imaging modalities. It may be necessary to supplement your claim with other evidence such as:
  • Statements from neurologists;
  • Statements from psychologists;
  • Statistics regarding injuries similar to yours;
  • Journal entries recounting the daily struggles you’ve faced because of the TBI;
  • Testimony from loved ones and coworkers detailing the changes they’ve noticed in your demeanor since the accident; and
  • Reports from treating providers such as your primary care physician, occupational therapist, and psychiatrist.

What Kinds of Damages Can I Pursue After Sustaining a Head Injury in a Car Accident?

If you sustained a TBI in a car accident, you may be able to pursue compensation for the following damages:
  • Property damage;
  • Past and future medical bills;
  • Ongoing rehabilitative care;
  • Prescription medication;
  • Medical equipment;
  • Home care;
  • Lost income and benefits;
  • Loss of earning capacity;
  • Child care;
  • Domestic help;
  • Transportation;
  • Pain and suffering;
  • Emotional distress; and
  • Loss of enjoyment in life.

How Long Will It Take to Resolve My Claim?

There’s no way to estimate how long it might take to resolve your case until your attorney has assessed the relevant facts; however, you might be able to get a rough idea of the potential duration of the proceedings by knowing the factors that could influence the timeline of your claim. Such factors include the amount of compensation you’re pursuing, the strength of the available evidence, whether the opposing party is cooperative, and the amount of time it takes for you to reach maximum medical improvement.

Why Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?

Your attorney can handle all the logistics of your case so you can focus on healing. Below are just a few ways your lawyer can assist with the proceedings:
  • Investigating the accident;
  • Interviewing eyewitnesses;
  • Consulting with the relevant experts;
  • Gathering evidence of liability;
  • Tracking damages;
  • Calculating a fair settlement;
  • Negotiating with the opposing party;
  • Handling all correspondence with the insurance adjuster; and
  • Preparing your case for court if the opposing party is uncooperative.

____
https://www.charnaslawfirm.com/car-a...head-injury/#/
CharnasLaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-15-2019, 08:24 PM   #2
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Default Re: 4 FAQs About Car Accident Head Injury Claims

And DON'T use a law firm that needs to troll Internet forums for clients.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-19-2019, 09:57 PM   #3
bakerstreetfund
bakerstreetfund's Flag is: United States

Default Re: 4 FAQs About Car Accident Head Injury Claims

Excellenet blog Mr. Charnas. We actually have received quiet a few cases for legal funding with terrible head injuries, they can last a lifetime.

God bless

Pat from Baker Street Funding - Lawsuit Loans & Pre-Settlement Funding
bakerstreetfund is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No