Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2017, 12:04 AM   #1
Malki
Malki's Flag is: India

Default Unpaid loan and credit card in Kuwait

Hello Dontyouworry,

I have same case as below. Pls pls i need advice...

Hello,

Hope this email finds you

Last edited by Malki; 07-15-2017 at 03:06 AM.
Malki is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-15-2017, 01:36 AM   #2
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malki View Post
Hello Dontyouworry,

I have same case as below. Pls pls i need advice...

Hello,

Hope this email finds you well.
My friend left kuwait with an exit reentry visa last Sep 2016 for leave. Due to problem made by company he could not go back to kuwait. Due to visa problems made by company he couldn't go back to kuwait.
He have a personal loan from NBK bank and has no way to pay this loan as he is already here in the India. Just yesterday, he received a call from a collecting agency bilkish here in the india looking for me regarding the settlement of defaulted loan with NBK bank. Out of nervousness, he spoke to them. They told that he need to settle the due in 2 EMI's or settle till date due by 24 of this month which is impossible to him. Else they will forward a legal action against him. I am so much worried about it especially now that he is still unemployed. he is currently hunting for a job and so worried.

He have no money to sette his loan back in Kuwait. What will they do if he cannot pay back.what type of legal action they can take against him. Is there any possibility to take action against him in india.

Your help and kind feedback will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
Please check your Private Messages Inbox and we would easily help you with the same and put an end to the Bilkish trouble.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2017, 10:31 PM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Unpaid loan and credit card in Kuwait

I wish to inform you that any breach of contract to repay debt in India is not a crime. The only right of the aggrieved party is to approach the civil court to attach and sell securities or other unencumbered properties and recover the defaulted loan. Further, mere breach of contract cannot give rise to criminal prosecution under Section 420 IPC, unless fraudulent or dishonest intention is shown right at the beginning of the transaction time, when the offence is said to have been committed.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2017, 12:32 AM   #4
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that any breach of contract to repay debt in India is not a crime. The only right of the aggrieved party is to approach the civil court to attach and sell securities or other unencumbered properties and recover the defaulted loan. Further, mere breach of contract cannot give rise to criminal prosecution under Section 420 IPC, unless fraudulent or dishonest intention is shown right at the beginning of the transaction time, when the offence is said to have been committed.

AFF
You can make it simpler by using understandable trems to people who are looking out here, you are explaining the breach of contract in India and the question is not what you have answered in a law book term, there cannot be any civil claim of securities or liquid assets of any defaulter who had availed loan or card based on the income proof in another country!! If you do not have answer to any asked question then there is no need to post any inappropriate or not relating answers to confuse people. Section 420 IPC is for any fraudulent activity made by and in India and has no match to the question which was asked, relate to question and try answering if it would help the questioner and not with book terms as you copy and paste.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 08-14-2017, 03:05 AM   #5
bbyou
bbyou's Flag is: Philippines

My husband also left a debt in kuwait last jan.2017 and enzi corp. Keep on calling us due to that debt...there client algahanim want the payment so soon i speak to them that my husband doesnt have work as of now and they really want us to pay this month of august a sum of ten thousand for them not to file a case against my husband and if ever we cant provide the money the NBI will visit us...my husband didnt expect to come home due to company decision what should we do..we dont have money right now..
bbyou is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2017, 03:42 PM   #6
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyou View Post
My husband also left a debt in kuwait last jan.2017 and enzi corp. Keep on calling us due to that debt...there client algahanim want the payment so soon i speak to them that my husband doesnt have work as of now and they really want us to pay this month of august a sum of ten thousand for them not to file a case against my husband and if ever we cant provide the money the NBI will visit us...my husband didnt expect to come home due to company decision what should we do..we dont have money right now..
If your husband is already left kuwait, inform him that any liability from a foreign country cannot be claimed legally as mostly they are considered as unsecured lending, other than auto loans and home loans. Any threats given by the collection and recovery agencies are jus hoaxes to get the most out of you. Need not get tensed about the debt left In Kuwait unless he is going to travel back. Ask the collection agencies to claim legally from you if they can, which is never possible.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-30-2017, 02:42 AM   #7
Unregistered

hi good day. My friend have the same case as above. There's an unsettled account at NBK Kuwait. She's in the Philippines already since her father died. She was unable to pay the credit card balance since she's incapable to pay at the time she left Kuwait as she has no work at all. We tried contacting the bank and negotiate with them through our friend who's still working in Kuwait, as she is willing to pay now slowly according to her financial capacity but instead the bank branch refuse to receive the money and told to transact the payment to their main branch. When her friend went to the main branch,was told then to go back to the branch where the card was issued. 2 years now it wasn't resolve still. And Bilkish Philpppines, through their agent is harassing already my friend and was threatened for police case. Even harassed and sent messages to random online friends and defaming my friend. Please help on what to do. Thank you.

Melody

Old 09-30-2017, 02:52 AM   #8
Melody Jade
Melody Jade's Flag is: Philippines

Hi good day. My friend have the same case as above. There's an unsettled account at NBK Kuwait. She's in the Philippines already since her father died. She was unable to pay the credit card balance since she's incapable to pay at the time she left Kuwait as she has no work at all. We tried contacting the bank and negotiate with them through our friend who's still working in Kuwait, as she is willing to pay now slowly according to her financial capacity but instead the bank branch refuse to receive the money and told to transact the payment to their main branch. When her friend went to the main branch,was told then to go back to the branch where the card was issued. 2 years now it wasn't resolve still. And Bilkish Philpppines, through their agent is harassing already my friend and was threatened for police case. Even harassed and sent messages to random online friends and defaming my friend. Please help on what to do. Your advice is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Melody
Melody Jade is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2017, 07:55 AM   #9
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Jade View Post
Hi good day. My friend have the same case as above. There's an unsettled account at NBK Kuwait. She's in the Philippines already since her father died. She was unable to pay the credit card balance since she's incapable to pay at the time she left Kuwait as she has no work at all. We tried contacting the bank and negotiate with them through our friend who's still working in Kuwait, as she is willing to pay now slowly according to her financial capacity but instead the bank branch refuse to receive the money and told to transact the payment to their main branch. When her friend went to the main branch,was told then to go back to the branch where the card was issued. 2 years now it wasn't resolve still. And Bilkish Philpppines, through their agent is harassing already my friend and was threatened for police case. Even harassed and sent messages to random online friends and defaming my friend. Please help on what to do. Your advice is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Melody
Hello Melody, need not worry about the threats given to you by the collection agencies such as Bilkish and many others. I would give you clear information on what has to be done to avoid their harassment and legally there is nothing they could do to you in any other country, also only if there was any cheque dishonor case registered against you, there might be travel issues in GCC. Get in touch via email on uaedebtsolution@gmail.com and will advise you on your queries.

Old 11-06-2017, 05:53 AM   #10
rolf
rolf's Flag is: Kuwait

Hi,

I lost my job and I stayed at home for 7 months this is the reason why I could not able to pay my credit card dues. Now I got a job and ready to pay gradually. Kindly advise me what to do, shall I go directly to the bank?
rolf is offline   Reply With Quote