• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DDW
    • Nov 2019
    • United States

Is hitting a deer considered my fault for insurance purposes

MI

Is hitting a deer considered my fault or not my fault under insurance law or under most policies.
    I don't see anything about it

I have a 500 dollar deductible if its my fault.

Also when it happened I was going about 8 to 10 mph over the limit,
    Will the diagnostic computers in the car show that info occurring at the point of impact? I know they can see if you were wearing a belt a crash time.
  • Lexus
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Sep 2010
    • United States

Re: Is hitting a deer considered my fault for insurance purposes

Some accidents are unavoidable. Damage to a vehicle due to hitting an animal is covered under an auto policy's optional comprehensive coverage. If you only carry collision or liability coverage, your insurance carrier will not cover damage to your vehicle resulting from striking an animal. To make sure your vehicle is covered, contact your agent or carrier to discuss adding comprehensive coverage to your policy. Filing a claim for an accident covered by your comprehensive coverage means you'll still need to pay a deductible. After that, your insurer will cover the costs of the claim up to your policy limits.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a lemon is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...