USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Child Support, Philippines - (an estimate on how much)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK0813
    • May 2016

Child Support, Philippines - (an estimate on how much)

Hi,

Appreciate if someone can provide me an estimate on how much child support should be given to two kids, ages 10 and 7, if you are earning around PHp90K/month. The yearly tuition fee of the kids is around Php60K per year each.

thanks.
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Child Support, Philippines - (an estimate on how much)

I wish to inform you that child support amount is determined under provisions of Family Code of the Philippines article 201. In this regard generally child support is determined in proportion to the resources or means of the giver and to the necessities of the recipient.

AFF

Comment

• AK0813
      • May 2016

Thanks, AFF. Would appreciate if someone can give me an estimate.

Regards,
      AK

Comment

• Misscherry
        • Jul 2016

Originally posted by AK0813
        Hi,

Appreciate if someone can provide me an estimate on how much child support should be given to two kids, ages 10 and 7, if you are earning around PHp90K/month. The yearly tuition fee of the kids is around Php60K per year each.

thanks.
        I live in the Philippines, I have a son in 7th Grade who goes to a well known, decent, catholic college and tuition fee is only half of yours, less government subsidies. If you are paying 60k for each of your child's tuition fees and the father only earns 90k/month, your school fees are more than what he earns, rememmber that ther are other expenses besides the school fees. it may be wise and practical to send your children to a more economical but quality school, im sure that you can find some in your area. We have to be reasonable, even if the father gives child support for your children he also has his expenses and has to be able to live to go to work so he can support his children. Child support is going to be based on their reasonable monthly needs and expenses.

Comment

• Wenton

Excellent comment.
          Couldn't agree more!

Comment

• Aprilmom
            • Aug 2016

Hi! I have a daughter, she'S in Grade 6, I am working with a minimum salary,annulled.I am renting a room to live. My exhusband is a seafarer. The annullment was exclusive of the rights and support of my daughter because all along i know that my exhusband would know his responsibility as a father.It was a silent arrangement that whenever my exhusband would have his vacation, our daughter would stay with him and while he is at work (seafarer) our daughter would stay with me. The problem arises with his support for our daughter while shes staying with me..He only provide a financial support amounting to Php700.per week which is not enough to shoulder her everyday expenses. MY QUESTION NOW IS HOW MUCH SHOULD HE GIVE FOR HIS CHILD SUPPORT AND WOULD HIS COMPANY GIVE A HELP TO FORCE HIM GIVE WHAT IS DUE?

Comment

• Wenton

As I understand it there is no exact formula and the two factors affa mentioned above govern how the amount is set. It can vary widely.

But internationally 20 or 25 percent of the support payers income is very common--just FYI.

See also for general info:

Comment

• Tito Kanin

I just came across this thread today. How is it going for you and the child support agreement you are looking to make?

I have been drafting a guide for Child Support because me and my ex-wife had been separated for 4 years now. I have been giving support for my kids (70% of my income), however, we never really drafted any document to prove it. Since reading (and thoroughly studying) the Violence Against Women and their Children Act, I decided to have a proper Child Support Agreement to cover my ass, just in case.

If you’re a parent, it is safe to assume that you would want the best for your child and you wouldn’t hesitate to provide adequate support. However, it’s unfortunate that when it comes to support for the common children (whether legitimate or illegitimate), so many fathers still fail (or worse, simply refuse) to provide adequate support. Whatever the reason is, and regardless of whether or not these reasons are correct, the problem became pervasive, so much so that Congress saw it fit to “criminalize” (only against fathers) the withholding of support in certain instances. Not everyone knows that this is covered under Republic Act No. 9262, otherwise known as the “Anti-Violence Against Women and their Children Act of 2004“.

If you'd like, I could send you the copy of the Child Support Guide I've been working on and see if it would fit your needs.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Tito Kanin
                  I just came across this thread today. How is it going for you and the child support agreement you are looking to make?

I have been drafting a guide for Child Support because me and my ex-wife had been separated for 4 years now. I have been giving support for my kids (70% of my income), however, we never really drafted any document to prove it. Since reading (and thoroughly studying) the Violence Against Women and their Children Act, I decided to have a proper Child Support Agreement to cover my ass, just in case.

If you’re a parent, it is safe to assume that you would want the best for your child and you wouldn’t hesitate to provide adequate support. However, it’s unfortunate that when it comes to support for the common children (whether legitimate or illegitimate), so many fathers still fail (or worse, simply refuse) to provide adequate support. Whatever the reason is, and regardless of whether or not these reasons are correct, the problem became pervasive, so much so that Congress saw it fit to “criminalize” (only against fathers) the withholding of support in certain instances. Not everyone knows that this is covered under Republic Act No. 9262, otherwise known as the “Anti-Violence Against Women and their Children Act of 2004“.

If you'd like, I could send you the copy of the Child Support Guide I've been working on and see if it would fit your needs.
                  Hi! How did you and your ex-wife come up with an agreement of 70%? In your opinion, what percentage of the father's monthly income is acceptable?

Comment

• Unregistered

25% is the international average.

FYI

Comment

• Vgrsdl
                      • May 2017
                      • Philippines

I have a child with my ex and is going to start schooling this coming schoolyear. I'm only earning 16k monthly. On the other hand, I also have another child with my present partner and another baby on the way. How many percent of my income shall I give as child support for my first child, given the fact that i have another two to support?

Comment

• Vgrsdl
                        • May 2017
                        • Philippines

By the way, my ex is crazy as hell. She always makes a scndal everytime i'm not able to reply to her txt messages (verbal abusive messages and facebook humiliation, thats why i'm notninterested talking to her anymore). Many times, we settled everything with local officials. And now came to worst that i got mediation letter from attorney's office.

Comment

• Unregistered

I would like to know if my children ages 24 and 28 are still entitled to child support? They both have families of their own already and yet child support is still being deducted from my take home pay up to know. My wife and I have been separated for 22 years now. Is my wife entitled for support too.?

Comment

• Unregistered

I would like to have the copy of your self-guide re child support. Thank you in advance...

[email protected]

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Tito Kanin

Sir, I would like to ask for a copy of the Child Support Guide. Thank you in advance..

Can send through email add [email protected]

Thank you very much.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a blueberry is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...