Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTERNATIONAL LAW > International Law Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 02:43 AM   #1
whiteboy

Default Returning to China after being deported for 5 years?

I was caught teaching English illegally in Beijing about a year ago. I was incarcerated for 7 days and then deported with a 5 year ban from China. The police all told me that I wouldn't be able to legally work in China ever again, but I would be able to return to China as a tourist after 5 years. I have been reading a lot of posts on this website and there seem to be a lot of people who know their laws here. I understand that I will probably have no troubles returning to China in the future as just a tourist. My question is, would I probably be alright if I returned to China after 5 years and taught illegally or possibly legally through a certain connection, would I probably be safe? I wouldn't return to work in Beijing since that was where I was deported from. I would probably work somewhere really far from there. The only reason I was caught teaching English was because one English teacher at the school I was working at was hitting on his student. The student called the police and the police all raided the school. They came after all the teachers for questioning, not just the guy who was hitting on his student. For the record, that person wasn't me. I was just unlucky enough to be there working when this happened. I figure that people on here a lot more intelligent and mature than say people who would reply to me on a site like yahoo answers. I hope to hear from some people on here soon and I would appreciate any help with this.

P.S. I taught in China because I don't have a 4 year degree and my long-time gf lives there.
whiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-14-2014, 03:18 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Returning to China after being deported for 5 years?

I wish to inform you that you may not work in China. In this regard unless you have necessary visa for working in China your working in China will violate law. As there is a five year ban thus you may come after 5 year. As a tourist you can only visit China or meet persons but cannot teach.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2014, 04:49 AM   #3
whiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that you may not work in China. In this regard unless you have necessary visa for working in China your working in China will violate law. As there is a five year ban thus you may come after 5 year. As a tourist you can only visit China or meet persons but cannot teach.

AFF

Yes, returning just as a tourist and to visit friends only is ok with me. Some of the police told me that I can't return to China for 5 years and other police told me only 3 years? I know that the current law states 5 years for people who break visa laws, but is it possible that I might be able to return to China as a tourist after 3 years instead of 5 years? I will contact the Chinese embassy or consulate here in my city to ask them as well, but I want to ask on here also because some people might also know the answer.
whiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #4
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

If you elect to disappear in China and never be heard from again, why should we stop you.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2014, 02:21 AM   #5
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disagreeable View Post
If you elect to disappear in China and never be heard from again, why should we stop you.
I would only disappear if I worked illegally again and was caught. I don't plan to work illegally just travel, which I was told I could do no problem lol.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:39 PM   #6
Unregistered

You wrote w"as caught teaching English illegally in Beijing about a year ago. I was incarcerated for 7 days and then deported with a 5 year ban from China. The police all told me that I wouldn't be able to legally work in China ever again, but I would be able to return to China as a tourist after 5 years"

Good to hear they are kicking the illegal scum out of China.

Old 12-31-2019, 05:12 PM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
I was caught teaching English illegally in Beijing about a year ago. I was incarcerated for 7 days and then deported with a 5 year ban from China. The police all told me that I wouldn't be able to legally work in China ever again, but I would be able to return to China as a tourist after 5 years. I have been reading a lot of posts on this website and there seem to be a lot of people who know their laws here. I understand that I will probably have no troubles returning to China in the future as just a tourist. My question is, would I probably be alright if I returned to China after 5 years and taught illegally or possibly legally through a certain connection, would I probably be safe? I wouldn't return to work in Beijing since that was where I was deported from. I would probably work somewhere really far from there. The only reason I was caught teaching English was because one English teacher at the school I was working at was hitting on his student. The student called the police and the police all raided the school. They came after all the teachers for questioning, not just the guy who was hitting on his student. For the record, that person wasn't me. I was just unlucky enough to be there working when this happened. I figure that people on here a lot more intelligent and mature than say people who would reply to me on a site like yahoo answers. I hope to hear from some people on here soon and I would appreciate any help with this.

P.S. I taught in China because I don't have a 4 year degree and my long-time gf lives there.
Did you go again in China?

Old 12-31-2019, 09:20 PM   #8
ran hoo

The original questioner will only see your follow up question if the questioner set his settings to receive notice of any follow up postings.

But I hope he did so, because I also would be interested to know what actually happened.