Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #101
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi and good day... police will not accept bounced cheque cases anymore (simply put criminal case), since october 2012. now if bank wants to file case against you because of bounced cheque, it will be opened as CIVIL CASE, meaning the offender will not be jailed but have to face the courts directly.

CIVIL CASE is hard, because your passport will be held by the court, and it can only be released when both parties have come to a settlement.

i've been fighting with the bank for the last five years since this recession thing started. from ten CC, i managed to close all of it in 3 years. 1 out of 10 cards was converted to personal loan and i closed the full amount last march 2013. now i am praying and hoping for settlement of my personal loan.

advice? pay as much as you can and establish a good relationship with your collections. no matter what, they will be kind to you as long as you're paying them, but if not, then you know what happens, they will harass you...
Dear Friend,

Could you please explain me what exactly will happen in civil case? As I have PL and CC due on me and I am away from UAE since 2012 july. Now I got a job offer in UAE and I want to come back. Please guide me how should I start my negotiations.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #102
Unregistered

Default Re: United Arab Emirates (UAE) central bank rating

Dear Sir,

I have a problem before to my bank that I borrow worth 300,000.aed when i lost my job i become a defaulter for 2 months and directly they put me in legal case and submitted to police and block in central bank.After i got my new job i settle everything and become a regular payee they make it a re structure my loan and what they told me they remove my rating and file from the police.
After a year i noticed that still my name is in central bank as a defaulter.My question how I can removed my name in cnetral bank that I paying regularly?im too much worried this issue coz till now i did not go vacation to my home country. I will be caught in the immigration even i clear all my dues?

Please advice my situation.

Thank you.

Old 04-25-2014, 02:30 PM   #103
honey924

Quote:
Dear Sir,

I have a problem before to my bank that I borrow worth 300,000.aed when i lost my job i become a defaulter for 2 months and directly they put me in legal case and submitted to police and block in central bank.After i got my new job i settle everything and become a regular payee they make it a re structure my loan and what they told me they remove my rating and file from the police.
After a year i noticed that still my name is in central bank as a defaulter.My question how I can removed my name in cnetral bank that I paying regularly?im too much worried this issue coz till now i did not go vacation to my home country. I will be caught in the immigration even i clear all my dues?

Please advice my situation.

Thank you.
Your credit rating in the Central Bank will not affect your travel if you say your loan had been restructured and now on regular payments.
honey924 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2014, 06:11 AM   #104
Unregistered

Did they try to call you?
Quote:
I am South African also, lived in Dubai for three years. I left that greedy place for good. I left with a relatively small unpaid credit card debt (less than 15000dhs), I simply don't want to pay it back to get back at them for all the hassles I had there and money I lost through dishonest people - from real estate agents, telecoms companies, satellite TV companies to the company I worked for - underpaid and overworked. I can tell you in all honesty nothing will happen - South Africa is a free country with real laws, the UAE laws don't count here. I have been back for two years already, no hassles whatsoever. Come home.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #105
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by iosono View Post
Hi.I have an unpaid credit card bills and left dubai for about 5 years. I am 100% sure that i am banned in UAE and have problem with the UAE Police. I just want to ask if ever i go to QATAR or any GCC countries, will the Police from their place catch me or only in DUBAI? Please let me know. Thanks.
Dont attempt to enter in any gcc countries, dont rely on what you hear from others who have same situation with you who are still free to enter gcc countries, its not reliable, just talking to experience.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:47 PM   #106
Unregistered

im also a defaulter of 10kdhs, im working in ksa and used to have stopover in dubai unless you are entering uae immig they will stop u there

Old 05-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #107
honey924

Quote:
Dont attempt to enter in any gcc countries, dont rely on what you hear from others who have same situation with you who are still free to enter gcc countries, its not reliable, just talking to experience.
You are indeed unreliable! Did you really experience it? Or you are also a thirsty money collector?
honey924 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2014, 09:07 AM   #108
Unregistered

Default Re: Credit Card debt

He had some credit cards and a loan. I was a supplementary holder for one of his cards. Will i be liabal for for been a supplementary card holder for his credit card? he used to settle d monthly outstanding all these time without any arrears. Since he found with HIV at his visa renewal he has to depot from the country. But it is not his wish to move from his country and now he is helpless with medication and all other expenses. I am on his visa and may i know the liability on supplementry card? This situation is unexpected to all of us and we are helpless but to leave UAE, I feel sorry for my husband for his situation and may i know the liability on his outstanding loan and credit cards? WIll UAE law stand by him? He left because of the law in UAE. ANd it is not his intension to leave or he loose his job. Having HIV in a person and deporting a person from UAE will make that person in a worst condition. please help

Old 05-15-2014, 09:13 AM   #109
Unregistered

Default Re: Credit Card debt

He had some credit cards and a loan. I was a supplementary holder for one of his cards. Will i be liabal for for been a supplementary card holder for his credit card? he used to settle d monthly outstanding all these time without any arrears. Since he found with HIV at his visa renewal he has to depot from the country. But it is not his wish to move from his country and now he is helpless with medication and all other expenses. I am on his visa and may i know the liability on supplementry card? This situation is unexpected to all of us and we are helpless but to leave UAE, I feel sorry for my husband for his situation as he is a person who used to do monthly outstanding installments on time and he never kept them unpaid untill the UAE law depot him for HIV. May i know the liability on his outstanding loan and credit cards? WIll UAE law stand by him? He left because of the law in UAE. ANd it is not his intension to leave or he loose his job. Having HIV in a person and deporting a person from UAE will make that person in a worst condition. I did not have a job and we all were depending on him. please help

Old 06-10-2014, 03:58 AM   #110
Unregistered

Default Re: United Arab Emirates (UAE) credit card debt problem

Quote:
Hi, there is no way to file a case against you in your home country. Just forget the interpol on red cornere notice, it is not applicable to CC or loan untill not in millions. Ask your collection agent to do what ever he wants. Also you can file a harrasement complaint against them. Be brave they cam not harm you. Cheers.
im 101% Agree with u they just harass u they cant do anything lol. they can file only police case but its depends on the amount if amount is big then they file case after 4 months... i had 35K CC from FGB and after 4 month in court i just pay 3000 fine and from another banks i have cards for 10K limits... they are try to harassing me from last 9 month but still didnt file police casey lol. CC n Personal loans are insured so no need to worrie u will get fine from court thats it