•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lyinginsilence
    • Nov 2017
    • United States

Sue over second surgery

I had knee surgery for a torn and discoid meniscus. Despite complaining of pain my doctor didn't return my phone call 5 months post op. Ended up getting a second opinion, having several injections, and another surgery within a year of the original one. I missed out on no wages at work but was in pretty consistent pain for all those months. Can I sue for malpractice due to his negligence/dismissiveness?
  • adjusterjack
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • May 2016

Re: Sue over second surgery

Can I sue for malpractice due to his negligence/dismissiveness?
    Sure you can sue. Anybody can sue anybody for anything.

What you're really asking is can you punish the doctor by taking his money.

There's no way to answer that without a thorough review of your medical records which is something a medical malpractice attorney should be doing.

Go ye then and consult with one.

Comment

• AFFA
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Dec 2009

I wish to inform you that it is the laws of your state which will have jurisdiction in this matter. The burden of proof will be on you to prove the claims and allegations made by you. You will need an expert witness report to support your view point in the court. Many law firms take medical malpractice cases on pro bono basis. You can consider such an offer. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance.

AFF

Comment

• Lexus
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Sep 2010
        • United States

In this regard you are required to produce all the details of your surgery. You can also sue the hospital for negligence for not taking care of your emergency. It is good to consult a lawyer in this regard to move the case.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red rose is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...