• Sep 2014

Re: Determining the causes of the accident

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Is that safe?
      What is that supposed to mean?

Comment

• LJJ

I think they meant is driving all around Mexico (as a foreigner presumably) safe.

Comment

• Disagreeable
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • Oct 2012
          • United States

Not anymore it isn't. Even when my spouse and i traveled we ran into scary situations. We spent most of our time in the rough triangle between Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta and Neuva Laredo. Now most of the drug kidnappings and killings seem to take place in that area.
          Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• Wenton2
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Sep 2016
            • United States

With all due respect to our neighbors to the south, I would never drive through the countryside under today's current circumstances!

Comment

• Disagreeable
              Top Level Member
              ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
              • Oct 2012
              • United States

The biggest concern is local police hold legitimate traffic checkpoints, with smudge pots in the road. Most small depts' cannot afford uniforms so the officers wear jeans a black t-shirt some with logos, with a badge on their belt. How are you to determine whether it is not a group of bandits in jeans and black t-shirts with fake badges.
              Due to a recent promotion, I should now be referred to as Major Obvious.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.

Comment

• Katherine46

Oh my gosh I would NOT want to go through that there.

Comment

• Ken78789

If a person is drunk and driving, but I accidentally hit them, who is really at fault?
                  It was about 1800 dollars in damage.
                  I mean they could have been more defensive if they had not been drunk!

Comment

• Unregistered

If you are in a "fault state" the investigator and/or police will determine what % each of you is at fault.

But the other driver being more or less "defensive" does not excuse any mistake you made.
                    They other driver should be defensive but being defensive is not required if he was obeying the driving rules.

He will likely be charged separately for a crime as well in your case.

Comment

• Wenton2
                      Top Level Member
                      ☆☆☆☆☆☆
                      • Sep 2016
                      • United States

Originally posted by Ken78789
                      If a person is drunk and driving, but I accidentally hit them, who is really at fault?
                      It was about 1800 dollars in damage.
                      I mean they could have been more defensive if they had not been drunk!
                      If you hit them, then you are at fault! There's no other way around it !

Comment

• MANDY8

Their drunk driving CAN be a reason to void your fault (if any) IN TOTAL.

Don't give up--see a lawyer.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by adjusterjack
                          Not very easily.

One thing you have to understand is that breaking traffic laws is not necessarily negligence when it comes to fault, although most of the times it is.

Here's a couple of examples.

1 - You're doing 85 in a 65, the tire blows and you lose control, hit a tree, get injured and total your car. In that kind of accident it's between you and the manufacturer. You would have to prove that the tire was defective and that the 20 mph over the limit wouldn't have made any difference because you likely would have lost control at 65 mph as well.

2 - You're doing 85 in a 65, tire blows, you lose control, hit another car, total both cars, injuries to both occupants. Your victim is going to sue you and not care what you have to say about the tire. You, in turn, would have bring the manufacturer into the lawsuit as a co-defendant and you would have to prove the same elements that you would have to prove in scenario 1.

It's entirely possible in both scenarios that you could be absolved of negligence because of the defective tire.

Good answer, just what I needed!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red rose is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...