Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2018, 02:43 PM   #401
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile
Default Re: Unpaid bank loan and credit card left in UAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expatpnoy23 View Post
Same situation here kabayan, but i left some loans and credit card in dubai and now a lawyer is emailing me and said he will do a extra judicial property evaluation. This is stressing so much
Nothing can be done legally in your home country or any other country than the UAE for an unsecured lending which was issued on income proof from the UAE. They are just trying to threaten you by saying all such hoaxes, relax as nothing is going to happen.
if it was possible for them to do your property evaluation and claim the amount, why do you think they are not doing it but just saying? only reason is nothing as such is possible so you let go this now as nobody can harm you legally for a debt from the UAE in any other country.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-11-2018, 08:11 AM   #402
Expatpnoy23
Expatpnoy23's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
Nothing can be done legally in your home country or any other country than the UAE for an unsecured lending which was issued on income proof from the UAE. They are just trying to threaten you by saying all such hoaxes, relax as nothing is going to happen.
if it was possible for them to do your property evaluation and claim the amount, why do you think they are not doing it but just saying? only reason is nothing as such is possible so you let go this now as nobody can harm you legally for a debt from the UAE in any other country.
registered 04:15 PM 10-05-2018
Originally Posted by AFFA:
I wish to inform you that credit card company may seek your arrest in UAE. As there is outstanding amount which is not being paid thus generally credit card companies put security check in bank and get it dishonored and then file criminal case against bank. In this regard you may first settle with bank and seek its confirmation that there is no criminal case and then enter UAE. Further in Philippines there may not be extradition but credit card company may take civil action against you.

AFF
Hi AFF, what kind of civil action can they take? I worked in AUH for 10 years and I left just this year. I have a lot of credit cards and loans left there. I still dont have a job now here but it want to pay them slowly.

How true is AFFA stating that civil case can be filed here in the Philippines? What type of civil case will it be?
Expatpnoy23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2018, 01:06 AM   #403
Noddy

Don't worry about them they can't do a thing.The banks over there hounded me everyday throwing money at me.Finally l had had enough and decided to take the money.My Indian taxi driver's friend was the bank manager of one of the banks.We arranged to have a chat over a few drinks at my apartment. The bank manager told me how to rip off his bank so l did.Kept the amount small around 20,000 dirham, gave the taxi driver a couple of thousand, a huge amount in India. For a few years l got these bull**** emails from debt collectors. When l replied to a couple mocking them,they attacked my email account with virus.Eventually it stopped because they realized they couldn't intimidate me.It is their own fault with their reckless lending policies.A great percentage of Emirati banks are staffed by Indians who get commission for setting up loans.They don't care they just want a sale.

Old 10-18-2018, 04:54 PM   #404
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Default Re: Unpaid bank loan and credit card left in UAE

Here is a good news for many defaulters in fear of having a case/travel ban on them but not sure if any case is really filed, any upcoming travel plan out of the UAE or vacation but in dilemma if they will be held in the immigration, not sure if bank has really filed a case or just trying to scare or not sure in which Police Station is the case filed, all of this confusion only because one cannot afford to do a case check which becomes quite expensive.

Have found a Lawyer/Attorney who can do the case check to find out if any case is filed across the UAE and if a travel ban is imposed, will provide the case number as well if found to have and only charges a nominal fee of AED 550. Anybody wanting to check can send an email to contact@uaedebtsolutions.com and will refer them have it done. Can try to get the fee down a little more if doing the case check for two or more people at a time. People outside the UAE who previously had lived in the UAE and have defaulted on loans or credit cards can also get it checked if they have any travel plans.

Old 11-29-2018, 06:51 AM   #405
Skobalove
Skobalove's Flag is: Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
Here is a good news for many defaulters in fear of having a case/travel ban on them but not sure if any case is really filed, any upcoming travel plan out of the UAE or vacation but in dilemma if they will be held in the immigration, not sure if bank has really filed a case or just trying to scare or not sure in which Police Station is the case filed, all of this confusion only because one cannot afford to do a case check which becomes quite expensive.

Have found a Lawyer/Attorney who can do the case check to find out if any case is filed across the UAE and if a travel ban is imposed, will provide the case number as well if found to have and only charges a nominal fee of AED 550. Anybody wanting to check can send an email to contact@uaedebtsolutions.com and will refer them have it done. Can try to get the fee down a little more if doing the case check for two or more people at a time. People outside the UAE who previously had lived in the UAE and have defaulted on loans or credit cards can also get it checked if they have any travel plans.
Will police certificate be issued after paying the fines to court to close the case for unpaid loan and credit card? How long will be the processing for this to get poli e clearance from abu dhabi?
Skobalove is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2018, 01:29 PM   #406
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skobalove View Post
Will police certificate be issued after paying the fines to court to close the case for unpaid loan and credit card? How long will be the processing for this to get poli e clearance from abu dhabi?
You will have to apply for a PCC separately after closing the case of you want one and it would take upto 7 days to get one.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote