Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Civil Litigation

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2019, 03:37 PM   #1
Sandstorm29
Sandstorm29's Flag is: United States

Thumbs down I learned of default jgmt in escrow

Upon learning of a Default Judgment I contacted the Attorney on record and told him I knew nothing of the jgmt. I requested copies of POS, Summons and any other documents. I received a POS claiming I am 5'7 (I am almost 5'11) and supposedly 60 plus years (I was 50 and often told I look 10 years younger). In addition, my summons has a date stamped 2/20/2018 for trial and an OSC 8/2019 which they claim I was served 8/2016. I am legally disable so I sent a copy of my decision of fully favorable, Notice of Exemption and financial statement. I was told I didn't need a Homestead Exemption as they were automatic, but learned I did so I filed the Homestead. They are refusing to release my lien unless I pay and I don't have money for Attorney, any advice?
Sandstorm29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-11-2019, 11:58 PM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: I learned of default jgmt in escrow

You might not have known about the lawsuit but you would certainly know of you owe the debt.

Do you?

How much is the judgment for?

This escrow you mention. Are you selling or buying?

If selling, how much equity proceeds will you realize?
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2019, 05:53 AM   #3
tono
tono's Flag is: United States

Default Re: I learned of default jgmt in escrow

You can possibly file a motion to cancel or void the "service" that never occurred, and possibly void the judgment, but at some point you will have notice and the matter will continue.
It might be best to focus on how you can challenge the overall claims, if possible.

What is the alleged debt for?
My sister had a very similar situation. It's amazing how often that service of process if basically faked!
tono is offline   Reply With Quote