Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Other Immigration Law and Visas

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout




Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-20-2018, 02:37 AM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2
Cool Permanent Residence for Austria

My son born in India got educated in Germany and now a German citizen is employed in Austria. I am a retired govt servant based in India and live with my wife. We are keen to move to Austria closer to our son on permanent residence basis without seeking any employment.

I understand there is a provision for admitting such applications on a quota basis where We need to prove that we have sufficient funds for our maintenance and know basic German.

I am on govt pension here which is quite handsome for Indian standards but not as much as required as per the conditions laid down in the scheme. but I have plenty of financial assets to support us. We also do not have any certificate to show our proficiency in German but we know some basic German otherwise.

Can we file our application and if the same can be accepted for consideration?
meritindia is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 12-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #2
Top Level Member
AFFA's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23,189
Default Re: Permanent Residnce for Austria

I wish to inform you that you may seek permanent residence in Austria. In this regard you may apply under Settlement Permit - Relatives category. You may also go to Germany under Family Reunion category. In this your child may be required to show that he has sufficient space to live and resources for medical insurance and sufficient financial resources. Financial resources of your child may be taken into consideration. You may be required to show knowledge of German Language.


Last edited by AFFA; 12-20-2018 at 03:31 PM.
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 12-21-2018, 04:56 AM   #3
Top Level Member
Lexus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,713
Default Re: Permanent Residence for Austria

Your son can file application in Germany together with a proof to show that you are financially able to maintain yourself in Germany to get a permit.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No


This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 434 times

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Permanent residence through Marriage acastanuela Other Immigration Law and Visas 5 11-18-2014 11:58 AM
How can I obtain permanent residence? Unregistered Other Immigration Law and Visas 5 12-11-2012 11:06 PM
Permanent residence (USA) -- Types of immigration sandra Green Card Issues 0 01-25-2011 02:51 PM
CANADA - Maintaining Permanent Residence Unregistered Other Immigration Law and Visas 1 09-14-2010 11:08 AM
Company wants to apply for my permanent residence Unregistered H-1B Worker Visas 1 01-23-2007 01:31 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 PM.

Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2019 by