USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Someone keeps making comments on websites and signing me up using my email address

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Deejay
    • Sep 2011

Someone keeps making comments on websites and signing me up using my email address

Someone is making comments on websites and signing me up at websites using both of my business email addresses.

I am 99.9999% sure of who it is. I can't get their IP address as the comments come back from the various websites. When I ask the websites for the headers and IP address of the person that contacted them, I never get it. I went to the police and they told me to just keep deleting the spam email. Can anything be done?
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Someone Keeps Making comments on Websites and signing me up using my email addres

I wish to inform you that you can file a complaint with Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). It is a federal body which investigates online fraud. If you believe that any particular person is writing on your behalf then you may mention your reasons for believing as to why such person can do such an act. Further the person who is writing on your behalf can be held liable under cyber law.

AFF

Comment

• Deejay
      • Sep 2011

Re: Someone keeps making comments on websites and signing me up using my email addres

The IC3 will only deal with complaints from the United States. I am in Canada.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the answer is no... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...