Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ATTORNEYS, COURTS, LITIGATION > Small Claims Courts

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2019, 04:35 PM   #1
notanattrny
notanattrny's Flag is: United States

Default car repossession scam

I'm in Florida. A tow company repossessed my vehicle right after I loaded it to relocate. Everything I owned was in that car and I had vacated my apartment and this created a homeless situation. I called and called. Had friends call. Had family call...they kept hanging up on us...refused to tell us their location or the amount charged for storage. They told me to not call them again, they would call me. They never did. They deliberately (documented in BBB) used this tactic to keep other peoples vehicle I have bank statements to prove I had the money to get my car back immediately. I have phone records showing that did not contact me one time. 6 weeks later they told me to come pick up my personal belongings. I get there and they will not give me my stuff unless I give the my keys. I give them my keys, now they want 40 dollars. I paid against my will, but they refused to give me their location therefore they have my brand new vehicle. It's documented they have done this before. I want to sue them. I have proof, I have witnesses. Yes, in my grief of losing my mom, abuses at funeral, I missed payments, but I stood up and said I'm sorry, my bad, how do I get it back?

Last edited by notanattrny; 02-25-2019 at 04:38 PM. Reason: typos
notanattrny is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-28-2019, 07:52 PM   #2
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Default Re: car repossession scam

If you had kept up with your payments you wouldn't have a problem.

Contact whatever agency regulates tow companies in your jurisdiction and see if they can help.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2019, 02:37 PM   #3
notanattrny

If you only knew Sir.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:20 AM   #4
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanattrny View Post
I'm in Florida. A tow company repossessed my vehicle right after I loaded it to relocate. Everything I owned was in that car and I had vacated my apartment and this created a homeless situation. I called and called. Had friends call. Had family call...they kept hanging up on us...refused to tell us their location or the amount charged for storage. They told me to not call them again, they would call me. They never did. They deliberately (documented in BBB) used this tactic to keep other peoples vehicle I have bank statements to prove I had the money to get my car back immediately. I have phone records showing that did not contact me one time. 6 weeks later they told me to come pick up my personal belongings. I get there and they will not give me my stuff unless I give the my keys. I give them my keys, now they want 40 dollars. I paid against my will, but they refused to give me their location therefore they have my brand new vehicle. It's documented they have done this before. I want to sue them. I have proof, I have witnesses. Yes, in my grief of losing my mom, abuses at funeral, I missed payments, but I stood up and said I'm sorry, my bad, how do I get it back?
See your other post, it appears somebody answered there as well.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-15-2019, 09:21 AM   #5
Unregistered

...unless that is just a similar situation at the same approx time???

Old 04-16-2019, 08:14 AM   #6
notanattrny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
...unless that is just a similar situation at the same approx time???
It's the same case. I thought I had to post in different forums. Thank you your reply.