Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Other Immigration Law and Visas

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-18-2018, 07:16 AM   #331
Shiffer
Shiffer's Flag is: India

Default Re: UAE Travel Ban for Credit Card Debt?

Hiii ..I have an issue because of credit card ..I worked in Kuwait and last January I lost my job because of salary issue in company..they need to close the project and send the whole team back to their mother country and visa is also expired ..so they told us to leave kuwait ..everyone make a case against company there..and did exit with cancelled visa ..but I hav credit there ..now I m looking forward for a job and the agency bilkish called me and tell me to pay a bulk amount otherwise they will take legal action against me ..I don’t know what to do now ..I don’t hav that much amount to pay ..I m job less..please help me
Shiffer is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-18-2018, 03:59 PM   #332
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Here is a good news for many defaulters in fear of having a case/travel ban on them but not sure if any case is really filed, any upcoming travel plan out of the UAE or vacation but in dilemma if they will be held in the immigration, not sure if bank has really filed a case or just trying to scare or not sure in which Police Station is the case filed, all of this confusion only because one cannot afford to do a case check which becomes quite expensive.

Have found a Lawyer/Attorney who can do the case check to find out if any case is filed across the UAE and if a travel ban is imposed, will provide the case number as well if found to have and only charges a nominal fee of AED 550. Anybody wanting to check can send an email to contact@uaedebtsolutions.com and will refer them have it done. Can try to get the fee down a little more if doing the case check for two or more people at a time. People outside the UAE who previously had lived in the UAE and have defaulted on loans or credit cards can also get it checked if they have any travel plans.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:39 AM   #333
R1565656
R1565656's Flag is: Albania

I have a big list of all the idiots that work for this companies. They hate when they are chased back. They hate to get calls in the middle of the night. They hate when they get hundreds of calls from possible buyers of their fake items on dubizle. They hate when they get messages from anonymous numbers.
I get a lot of them angry!!! They get so mad. And then they quit. Then some months after, another one starts full of confidence, until I start being a pain to him.
R1565656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2019, 06:40 AM   #334
R1565656

They also have a life. Most have Facebook and LinkedIn accounts. They have pics with friends and family. They don’t really like to be exposed. Instead of being afraid of them, attack them.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:42 AM   #335
R1565656

@dontyouworry, instead of trying to make profit on this , you should organize the people against this idiots and their companies.
All your speach in this forum is marketing to your company’s service.

Old 04-14-2019, 06:49 AM   #336
R1565656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone here on the forum. I am extradition/mutual assistance criminal lawyer in London with a small practice in the UAE. A friend of mine sent me a link to all these forums freaking out about Dubai/GCC debt questions and the amount of outrageous stuff I have read on here has prompted me to write the most informative post that I can.

1) Interpol (Red notices/diffusions) and Dubai/GCC cases

Interpol is NOT a police force. It is an information sharing mechanism where National Central Bureaus (NCBs) of Interpol Member countries can issue notices requesting extradition (and other things, such as location information) on criminal suspects whom they wish to extradite. In the UAE, the Interpol NCB is located at Abu Dhabi CID Headquarters. There is no such thing as an Interpol agent. Certain police officers from an individual country can be seconded to the NCB but they are still officers of their own police force - not a transnational supercop as they are portrayed. A bank CANNOT report a person to Interpol. The bank would lodge a case within the UAE, and then the proesecutor inside the UAE would decide whether to request the NCB in Abu Dhabi to diffuse the UAE arrest warrant/commitment order to other Interpol Member States via Interpol's I-Link System. This is then visible to all/selected Interpol member states who decide what enforcement action (if any) to take against the person whom is flagged. Numerous countries, the UK for one, do NOT act on Red Notices as a matter of course. Extradition is complex and expensive, and most countries would refuse to extradite for debt cases as 'debtor's prisons' have been abolished in the First World. Therefore, anybody stating Interpol will be informed is misinformed or trying to scare you. Nobody outside of an NCB can place alerts into the Interpol System, and generally this is only done in very serious cases, although, in Europe Interpol diffusions are used routinely to arrest subjects of European arrest warrants (EAW) within the Schengen-space. Red notices from countries outside of the EU are rare, and almost never for an unpaid debt. The UAE did use Interpol notices previously for debt cases but have stopped this practice now because of continual rejections from other states refusing to extradite for debt cases.

2) Transiting through the UAE and or other GCC states whilst wanted in the UAE or other GCC states

You CAN be arrested in Transit. The common misconception that you are not in a country until you have passed immigration is false. The Transit zone of any airport is the sovereign territory of that country. Many countries, including the UAE now use APIS or Advanced Passenger Information System. When you board a flight from Country A to Country B, even whilst transiting in Country C your passport details, name (etc.) are passed by the airline to the respective immigration authorites through APIS. The names are automatically data-matched against watchlists. It is not COMMON to be arrested in transit in the UAE, however it is absolutely possible, and pretty much just comes down to how the officer reviewing APIS data intends to spend his day. For every 1 arrested, 9 probably get through. If you are certain that you are wanted in the UAE/have a case outstanding in the UAE, the safest way to ensure you won't be arrested is NOT TO TRANSIT.

3) Entering another GCC country when wanted in another GCC country

The GCC can and does share information between themselves, but I have noticed that this tends to be sporadic and not in every case. There don't seem to be any hard and fast rules whether or not your information would have been passed on. There seems to be some discussions that Emirates ID holders are now automatically shared with other GCC states - this is probably true. So my advice is - if you are wanted, don't go to other GCC states either. Generally, if you have a blacklist in one GCC country, it is difficult to get an approval to work in another but this isn't certain. Many people have succeeded - it is dependant on just what information has been shared. And, it's not possible to know that unless you are in the Prosecution or Police.

4) Being arrested in Dubai for outstanding Debt

The procedure in Dubai for debt cases is simple now. One passport is required to be surrendered for each case you have registered against you. So - if you are arrested, for a single case, you can surrender your own passport and remain free on bail until court. If for two cases, a friend/family member can surrender their passport and so on and so forth. Courts generally fine people for these cases instead of imprisonment nowadays, however, short prison sentences are still possible. Once you have paid the fines, the police case is resolved, and the passports are returned. If you cannot pay the fines, you will be sentenced to imprisonment. That does not stop the bank/financer from filing a civil case against you to recover the debt, however, you cannot be jailed again. You can however, face a ban from leaving the country due to an outstanding civil case.

5) Debt collectors for GCC debts in home countries (i.e. Phillipines, India, Pak, Bangladesh etc.)

These debt collectors will threaten Interpol and potential proceedings in your home country. They cannot list you at Interpol, and whilst some foreign judgements can become enforceable in your home countries, this is prohibitive in terms of cost and very rarely used in practice. Therefore, any threats to arrest you in your home country, involve a Foreign affairs department and or Interpol, or the threat of legal proceedings in your home countries are baseless and scare tactics only. They cannot, and will not, carry these threats out. They can and most likely WILL file cases on you in the GCC state/UAE. This will prevent you from travelling to those countries without being arrested. If you are happy at home. or in a non GCC state, then don't worry about it. Forget the calls, they can't do anything to harm you.

Frankly the best way to resolve the problem is to clear the debt. However, I realise that isn't possible for everyone, and that people are genuinely worried about their futures because of the amount of misinformation on the internet surrounding Interpol and debt collectors. I hope this has been informative and some of you can sleep a little better at night now.

One more thing - removing bans/blacklists in the UAE is very hard and I am not competent to tell you whether it is or is not possible.

Best wishes everyone.
This is the real stuff.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:03 AM   #337
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1565656 View Post
@dontyouworry, instead of trying to make profit on this , you should organize the people against this idiots and their companies.
All your speach in this forum is marketing to your company’s service.
Thank you for the advice. I know what I have been doing and the marketing done is also for the benefit of defaulters who are not aware of their legal status in the UAE, i help them travel without being detained at the immigration and talking about the profit, it is mutual as both are benefited. Leaving a comment such is quite easy but to stay consistent in working closely and advising everyone here is not that easy. All the best to you.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote