Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Family-Sponsored Visas

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout




Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
Junior Member
terrent's Flag is: United States
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 1
Default EB-5 visa guarantee that I can stay in the USA forever

Does the EB-5 visa "guarantee" that I and my family can get the green card eventually and stay in the USA forever?

(assuming I commit no crime or other major violation)
terrent is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-04-2020, 05:11 AM   #2
Top Level Member
Lexus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 9,129
Default Re: EB-5 visa guarantee that I can stay in the USA forever

U.S. immigration laws provide a variety of ways for people to apply for a Green Card. The eligibility requirements for adjustment of status may vary depending on the immigrant category you are applying under. The first step in the adjustment of status process is to determine if you fit into a specific immigrant category. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) administers the EB-5 Program. Under this program, investors (and their spouses and unmarried children under 21) are eligible to apply for a Green Card (permanent residence) if they make the necessary investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States; and plan to create or preserve 10 permanent full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers.

The EB-5 visa is a program that provides a path to US permanent residency for foreigners who want to invest in the United States. This program is known as EB-5 for the name of the employment-based fifth preference visa that participants receive. Adjustment of status is the process that you can use to apply for lawful permanent resident status (also known as applying for a Green Card) when you are present in the United States. This means that you may get a Green Card without having to return to your home country to complete visa processing. If you are outside of the United States, you must obtain your visa abroad through consular processing.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No


This thread has 1 reply and has been viewed 115 times

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does DWI stay on record forever or some period of time? yakan5 Other Criminal Law Matters 2 05-17-2019 08:52 PM
Does a second home in USA guarantee visa or entry? Sama22 Other Real Estate Law Matters 4 09-12-2016 03:37 AM
U Visa -- Can I stay in US and work with just my EAD? winkle44 Deportation and Removal Issues 3 09-28-2011 02:24 PM
Visa to stay in Netherlands may19 Other Immigration Law and Visas 1 05-06-2011 07:30 AM
Should I just stay in Costa Rica forever? I would like to return to the USA. mplsfitter539 Child Custody and Support 19 02-17-2009 10:19 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.

Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2020 by