Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY and INTERNET LAW > Copyright, Trademark, Patent

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
Regardless

Smile Why Publish America is not a scam

The Answer Is NO!!!!!

The Scams Yall Got Are Lies - People using PA Backwards are the scams, and people who don't know much about they company and the publishing, industry are the scams... A book is better than no book - I wonder how much money do you think, Publisher America has to spend on each author they bring in for free,to print and market they book @ each store online, that they books is at. For most of them too sit at home lazy and do nothing with no one in the industry @ the authors on choice to not travel to Oprah's building and sit on her front door of here Harpo studios , just to get in - or keep calling newspapers on the phone and such - also paying a mere 30 dollars to have a writer write the story of your life so Wikipedia will except you .. - and paying a dollar advance , for someone doing nothing, ain't bad - though - and PA has ways to get on different than them as the publisher - people just need to do more in they life and still go with Publish America - It would be better than self publishing and then having no sells - when P.A Pays for every thing on 10 thousand authors i estimate.. Some of yall just mad cause yall can't have enough mula as Publish America to be what they Are.. Publish America Should Keep Charging People, that's what they need to do to help they self is pay those little fees. I think some authors just choose to never pay the fee's and sit back telling lies on the internet like some body busted they head. _ I have seen man celebrity's with P.A Who is willing to work with they authors.. The education say no book can sell without a publicist - P.A Can Act as a agent to sell to Major Publishers Like Bantam - and you think we don't know why me & PA the reason why they expect someone to change from they Publishing

(Some People On-line is commenting about why PA is wrong for Reverting rights)

This Is My Reply To that.

The Reason Why they Charge people to get they right's back is because they have been sitting around lazy doing nothing toward they books - Meaning they haven't had any sells or very low sells, usually probably no sells for at least 8 months why; the rights selling back to the author comes up - (The person Who Wrote This ,Comment above Did-int Say That)

Do you realizing, that means that you would be paying to take your book of the market and you want your book too stay on the market anyway - and that if you don't pay your book stays available for sale - now all you gotta do is make a real strong try to be something better for your self.

The Authors aren't supposed to pay - what PA Should Start doing is taking they books out of the store for free whenever they choose because the contract says if you don't do interviews, shows and book signings that you have breech the contract... and won't get paid. Mean while they still paying authors Low-key Checks While Breaching there contract. - the 300 dollars means you have breached the contract.You don't have to pay, that's good, cause PA Wants your book still available for sell. Signed Regardless Devon. ( In The Reverted Rights Back Letter It May even say you don't have to pay though you had no sales.)
Regardless is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Why Publish America is not a scam

I wish to inform you that Publish America will not print a catalog, have distributors/sales reps going to bookstores, send personalized press releases or generate sales from book clubs. The book writer has to do all of the distribution, publicity, and marketing for the book. Publish America will provide free layout, free Amazon Listing, free cover design, free Illustrations for children’s books, free press releases, free ISBN, free Ingram listing plus your book is available to all bookstores.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
Regardless

Smile Re: Why Publish America is not a scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that Publish America will not print a catalog, have distributors/sales reps going to bookstores, send personalized press releases or generate sales from book clubs. The book writer has to do all of the distribution, publicity, and marketing for the book. Publish America will provide free layout, free Amazon Listing, free cover design, free Illustrations for children’s books, free press releases, free ISBN, free Ingram listing plus your book is available to all bookstores.

AFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post

AFF
I Understand that, it's just the simple fact that Publish America Has many different options, while not doing the things you said they don't do as P.A... They are designed to do it when a author has proven they self enough and threw special ways that outsiders can't detect. I think that I shouldn't blame P.A For people who don't know what to do for they self. I Don't Think that P.A should have to give out free money for nothing, in large amounts.

A press Release written by a Industry Professional could cost only like 100 dollars or lower, so that's not a good excuse to Blame P.A. On My Behalf; Why somebody doesn't have a job in life or a source of income too afford what they need too succeed .

Also How do you think they distribute copy's to the; only stores where P.A. Books Are at. Numerous amounts of times i have seen some stores with 40, 50 and 60 copy's already printed and at multiple stores - with out the belief of print on demand.

What i think is, some people need to look @ Publish Americas Finance Record - From Water Bills, Electricity, payments too authors, they workers, they taxes, they real-state estate Property, no body can own a business the way Publish America has it - and not have something for they self ahead. So they can't be making all they money from authors, some people must think I'm dumb, if i believe that.

But I Do believe they have sold many books to other publisher other than they self and they make real good money with they authors - that's in percent ratios - where a person sells for one and makes percents back also.. Not A scam on why they paid.

With all the welfare and social Security that's not happening.

Publish America,does book festivals and stays up with other book publishers, that's one of the reasons why they company are not shut down, they know what too do. At Least One time; they also offered some of there authors too have a consultant fly out to they house and record and make a video interview.

They also Offer them a celebrity Sponsor to get the word out - People have to pay for these services, though it's the right thing to do charge - one more time going advances are not free. That's a charge!!

They Help they authors, the authors just gotta wanna help they self. Self Importance. Some people might think that I'm, in the same position of these authors they speak of, who cant do something.

I understand Publishing and education very well on what it takes, so it's not my fault that i would have to blame myself , for my own actions, for something that i didn't do I'm not like that.... Though i can't - it is what it is. Signed Regardless
Regardless is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
Theophilus

Default Publish America is definitely a scam

When a book publisher's motto is "We treat authors the old-fashioned way - we pay them," you wouldn't think that the author would be the publisher's target customer. But that is how PublishAmerica operates. PublishAmerica does no marketing, distribution, or promotion--except to the author--and they price their books way above market. Their web site is terribly misleading, designed to take advantage of naive first-time authors. If you doubt this, go to "The Truth About PublishAmerica" at ChristianityForThinkers.com and read documents from PublishAmerica that demonstrate what I'm saying is true.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #5
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Theophilus;294995]When a book publisher's motto is "We treat authors the old-fashioned way - we pay them," you wouldn't think that the author would be the publisher's target customer. But that is how PublishAmerica operates. PublishAmerica does no marketing, distribution, or promotion--except to the author--and they price their books way above market. Their web site is terribly misleading, designed to take advantage of naive first-time authors. If you doubt this, go to "The Truth About PublishAmerica" at ChristianityForThinkers.com and read documents from PublishAmerica that demonstrate what I'm saying is true.[

Some may defend this company as legit, but if you were to google their name and address you will find that they are also scamming people through Craig's List. They contact the seller and send a check for 4 times the asking price of an item listed (claiming they don't have a paypal account). Then they instruct the seller to cash the check, pocket the purchase price, and send the balance to PA's private shipper whom I assume never shows up.
I don't know how they can continue to be a business, but I am convinced they are pros at the scamming industry. I wouldn't be surprised if they have published their own manuscript on how to scam innocent's and vulnerable's and get away with it indefinitely.
Nothing in this world is free. Everything has a price.