USAC Banner 728x90

Collapse

Can a woman file a child support order for an unborn child without marriage?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Highwayman
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Sep 2014

Re: Can a woman file a child support order for an unborn child without marriage?

Originally posted by Wenton2
    It is technically possible you could get some kind of injunction or some kind of temporary order to require him to appear, but it will not be easy for all of the reasons outlined above.

Appear where and for what purpose? There is no child. We don't even know what country is involved - this poster hijacked the thread and provided almost no information.

Comment

• goddessoflubboc
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Cold I sue him for something else related, before he leaves, and then add the child support in as soon as the baby is born?
      Any ideas on that?
      Since you aren't married he's not the father until paternity is established. So no.

Comment

• Wenton2
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Sep 2016
        • United States

Re: Can a woman file a child support order for an unborn child without marriage?

If you can find something else to file against him in the Family Court, you may be able to get a case going or at least started, and then after the child is born at the paternity issue.

Comment

• Highwayman
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Wenton2
          If you can find something else to file against him in the Family Court, you may be able to get a case going or at least started, and then after the child is born at the paternity issue.
          Family Court? You sure there is a such a thing in the OP's country? Which is still not specified.

Comment

• nailem43

Originally posted by Unregistered
            My baby is due in one month. I want to sue the father for child support.
            The father is leaving in two weeks for China,

Can I file suit now before the baby is born?

If I cant file then the father will be gone and not reachable in China.

If he is fleeing to avoid support I think you indeed might get some kind of helpful order if you request it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red dog is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...