Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > FAMILY LAW, DIVORCE, CUSTODY > Child Custody and Support

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2014, 04:47 PM   #1
dingdongdantes

Default Child Support from USA to Philippines

Just got a question, is there a way my girlfriend in Philippines can file something in US embassy to cut my future earnings for my kid with her? I'm giving child support to my kid since she got pregnant but she don't know how hard it is here in CA to earn money. She's always complaining about how much i'm giving to my kid and yeah, i know it's not that much but it's still helping them to live.. My son got my surname and i'll try to support him for the rest of my life. It's just her mom always threatening me about going to US embassy and complain. My son just turned 4 and i just saw him in person in a couple months when i went vacation in Philippines.
dingdongdantes is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 12-22-2014, 06:22 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Child Support from USA to Philippines

I wish to inform you that there is no child support enforcement agreement between the United States and Philippines. Reporting to US embassy in the Philippines may not be helpful to the mother. However, she may take a child support order from the Court in Philippines and file it with a US Court for recognition and enforcement. The US Court always keeps in view the best interests of the child. It will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-23-2014, 12:22 AM   #3
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

With lack of governing by the Hague Convention, CA only recognizes orders from the Canadian Province of Quebec, every state in Mexico, Austria, Bermuda, Fiji, France, Germany, New Zealand, South Africa, and Sweden. That said, CA law has a provision whereby it can elect to accept and recognize a order from any foreign government as the court deems appropriate. It appears you had enough money to run to the Philippines to try and find a spouse and you are electing to live in CA, one of the most expensive regions in the US. You also elected to procreate with the woman. Your child does not eat less, because you choose to live in CA. You appear to want to do what is right. I suggest you request mom go to the US embassy and have an agent take a Q-tip DNA swab and seal it into an envelope, then mail it from the embassy. Have a DNA test done when you receive it and once you are sure it is in fact your child, find out what Philippine law says the support amount should be and provide it. When your child (if it is), is older, you and mom should work to obtain US citizenship for the child so that the child may have the full advantages of its fathers US citizenship.
This is an impartial evaluation of your situation, not a judgment on your life or actions. Have a great Christmas.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2014, 04:54 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

Was there ever a child support order? If there are no orders, then you can’t be forced for child support. However, the mother of the child can file for child support. Once paternity is fully established in the eyes of the law, you will be responsible for child support. Failure to pay court-ordered child support carries criminal consequences. Further, if you are overseas then the enforcement agencies will take the steps to collect child support from you. If you reside in a country where US has a bilateral agreement then the child support obligations are easier to enforce. Hire an attorney to assist you.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2016, 03:51 AM   #5
Wilma Vidal

I wanna ask something if what am i suppose to do base on our situation ..we have two kids,their father lives now in wisconsin ,he already have a family there a wife and 1 child,he dont want to a our kids if i am the one who will take care of them,but he will get the kids for pettition,i dont have a god job that time si i ask for a help to him,he said he will get the kida and his second cousin will be the one to take care of the kids,i say yes because i have nothing and i dont want my kids to stop in school.i follow all his instruction ,so our kida lives on his cousin,then i got job i visit them often and support their personal needs,he only support our kids only for food,i wanna get them and im only asking for a lil help just half me and him,but he said he dont like,he wont support the kids if im the to take care of them,so i said ok,but please make sure that they will be in good health and everything,but i still keep give my half share straight for the kida..and now i knew that my kids are suffering for pneumonia,they keep coughing and eberything but they dont have any medicine,so i'll get them and take them in the hospital and doctor said yes positive,i am so pissed,and now i decided to get my kids and,i will be the one to take care of them imasking help for their father about their situation but no reply,what am i going to do about our situation..please help ua,i eamiled him a lot to help me but he ignore everything..my kids want to stay with me,,i am not working anymore and,i have lil store so i know i can take care of them,im just askin not to much from their father but he only ignore us..i have all their records with his sign,becausw he alredy start workin for their papers..please help me about this
Wilma Vidal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-13-2016, 03:45 AM   #6
Wenton

http://www.legaljunkies.com/forumchi...-daughter.html

See the discussion at the link above as it may help you or give some ideas!

Old 07-13-2016, 11:53 AM   #7
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

I suggest you stop screwing men from foreign countries you are not married to, in a hope they will marry you and take you to their home country before you get pregnant.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Old 07-14-2016, 07:14 AM   #8
msg
Top Level Member
msg's Flag is: United States

Well it looks like it only happened one time friend.

It's not like she had 10 babies this way. It all seems quite reasonable and commonplace to me.
msg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2016, 01:27 AM   #9
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

When you play in the dirt, you should expect to get dirty.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:17 PM   #10
Wenton

Post 6 is your best advice!
IMHO