•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 51 HTT
    • May 2018
    • United States

Switching from hourly to salary

Can my employer force me to switch from hourly to salary, or do I have to agree to that first?

Ohio
  • adjusterjack
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • May 2016

Re: Switching from hourly to salary

The employer does not need your consent to switch you from hourly to salary.

Beef about it and you'll probably get fired.

Comment

• Gotham2
      • Oct 2016
      • United States

Originally posted by 51 HTT
      Can my employer force me to switch from hourly to salary, or do I have to agree to that first?

Ohio

You also have to meet the definition of a salaried worker such as the fact that you are engaged in some kind of managerial work, or professional work, or other such factors.
      At some point the employer might be required to reclassify you from one group to the other.

If you have an HR dept, meet with them to discuss what this all means for you and why.

Comment

• Lexus
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Sep 2010
        • United States

In this regard if you suffer much loss in income you can request your employer pay hourly. Most probably they will not allow it as it is up to employer’s discretion.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Gotham2
          You also have to meet the definition of a salaried worker such as the fact that you are engaged in some kind of managerial work, or professional work, or other such factors.
          At some point the employer might be required to reclassify you from one group to the other.

If you have an HR dept, meet with them to discuss what this all means for you and why.
          No, you're confusing "salary" with "exempt". Non-exempt workers can be paid on a salary basis, as long as the employer calculates and pays any overtime properly.

Comment

• Shebagholdings
            • Jan 2020
            • United States

no,you dont force your employee although you can request him to work in hourly

Comment

• Lexus
              Top Level Member
              ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
              • Sep 2010
              • United States

If you are an at-will employee, your employer is free to change the terms and conditions of your employment, including your salary, hours, and work site. If you have an employment contract that limits the reasons for which you can be fired or sets the terms of your employment, your employer must abide by the agreement. The contract is a legal agreement that both you and the employer have to honor; to change its terms, you have to negotiate a new agreement

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red dog is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...