Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY and INTERNET LAW > Copyright, Trademark, Patent

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
yuvala

Question YouTube video... Adobe claimed that the video is a copyright

Hi, I made a youtube video where I give away a certain software's (Adobe After Effects) project file for free. Now, I am NOT giving away the software for free, I am giving away a project file which only those who already have the software can use. Adobe claimed that the video is a copyright and deleted my video. My question is, is it really copyright? if it is, could you explain why?

Here's a video similiar to the one I made - Steel Rain [Free After Effects Text Template]

Thanks in advance!
yuvala is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 08-03-2011, 04:12 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: YouTube video... Adobe claimed that the video is a copyright

I wish to inform you that it is the doctrine of fair use in the copyright law which has legal jurisdiction in the matter. The doctrine of fair use is found in Section 107 of the copyright law. The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law gives examples of fair use. There should be no commercial use of the copyright material. As you are using the Adobe software in your project file, you may inform Adobe about your situation that you give away the project file for free and do not make any profit out of the activity. You may seek their permission and use the software.

AFF.
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
yuvala

Default Re: YouTube video... Adobe claimed that the video is a copyright

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFFA View Post
I wish to inform you that it is the doctrine of fair use in the copyright law which has legal jurisdiction in the matter. The doctrine of fair use is found in Section 107 of the copyright law. The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law gives examples of fair use. There should be no commercial use of the copyright material. As you are using the Adobe software in your project file, you may inform Adobe about your situation that you give away the project file for free and do not make any profit out of the activity. You may seek their permission and use the software.

AFF.
So does that mean that Adobe is right and it is really copyright?
yuvala is offline   Reply With Quote