• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tapas2
    • Sep 2019
    • Kazakhstan

Agent protection when selling services

I am based in Kazakhstan, and my role is of an agent:
    I sell language courses from South Africa to Kazakh schools.

The language schools I use have all their legalities in order, but I feel that as an agent I may not be protected. For example, I am selling the course, but if something should go wrong, I do not want to be liable.

What type of document will I need to present/have signed by the SA schools, Kazakh schools and the parents to protect my company?
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Agent protection when selling services

I wish to inform you that it is the terms and conditions of your Agency Agreement which will have jurisdiction in this matter. In particular, it is the liability clause which must be legally worded such as to give you comfort in the matter. Further, you may contact an attorney and seek guidance in the matter.

AFF

Comment

• Lexus
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Sep 2010
      • United States

You may want to first contact the Ministry of Education & Science of the Republic of Kazakhistan and confirm that you have the right to act as an agent. A rightful agent may require some kind of government licensing.

Comment

• adjusterjack
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • May 2016

Originally posted by Tapas2

What type of document will I need to present/have signed by the SA schools, Kazakh schools and the parents to protect my company?
        There is no document that prevents lawsuits and disclaimers and waivers can often be overturned depending on the situation.

I don't know anything about the insurance industry in your country but if there is one I suggest you talk to an insurance agent and see if Errors and Omissions insurance is available to you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

do blue dogs live on the moon... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...