Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Job Discrimination and Harassment

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout




Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2020, 10:23 AM   #1
Junior Member
Yukojax's Flag is: United States
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 1
Default Recourse?

I was hired one year ago as a salaried project manager. We decided procedures on the computer and PM in general would have to be taught to me. This task was given to a staff Engineer. The engineer immediately had a bias towards me, I discovered this was due in part to my religion.
This engineer has lied, cheated and done everything in his power to get me fired. Recently, It was decided that my status shall be changed and I will no longer be considered a salaried employee.
95% of my duties will remain the same however my pay has been severely reduced. Do I have any recourse?
Yukojax is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-20-2020, 10:31 AM   #2
Top Level Member
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2,041
Default Re: Recourse?

I discovered this was due in part to my religion.
Can you prove that? With evidence? Documentation? Witnesses? Did you ever report any overt religious discrimination to your employer?

If no to all those questions, your likely recourse is to seek employment elsewhere.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-24-2020, 01:41 AM   #3
Top Level Member
Lexus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 9,184
Default Re: Recourse?

Unfortunately, companies sometimes allow bias, not work performance, to dictate how an employee’s career unfolds. Despite positive feedback, this bias means some employees: are passed over for promotions, are paid less for doing the same or more work, are forced to retire etc. There are federal and state laws that protect employees’ rights. Just because the laws exist, however, doesn’t mean all companies abide by them. Anyone can be the victim of workplace discrimination or bias. Please keep the below things with you before filing a complaint so that it will help to protect your rights.

Document everything: Write down as many details as possible, including incidents, witnesses, dates, and other employees who may have been victims of discriminatory treatment.
Don’t sign anything: Don’t sign anything—including severance packages—until you have contacted an experienced employment attorney. Your employer had an attorney make sure their rights were protected, and you should do the same.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No


This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 250 times

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
any recourse for gay spouse? rareblu Divorce, Separation, Annulment 12 03-28-2014 01:16 AM
Arizona's 'non-recourse' foreclosure law LJ Admin Mortgages, Refinancing, Foreclosure 6 07-28-2012 04:18 PM
CA-2nd Mortgage Non-Recourse godijr Mortgages, Refinancing, Foreclosure 2 09-07-2011 09:30 AM
Do I have any recourse against the website? Unregistered Other Business and Finance Law Issues 3 08-01-2009 04:47 PM
Unresponsive Lawyer - What recourse do I have? Unregistered Child Custody and Support 2 01-15-2008 02:15 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.

Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2020 by