Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY and INTERNET LAW > Internet Law

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2019, 07:55 AM   #1
gio
gio's Flag is: Hungary

Angry Freelancer.com wants to hold money forever because of their own fault!

Almost 4 weeks ago I finished the project on freelancer.com and then the client released the milestone of the project, right after that when I saw that I received the money I sent him the source code!
After that, I requested the withdrawal and freelancer canceled it based on a reason which is not even in their own reason’s list!
this is their list of reason!
"
Your pending withdrawal request may be canceled for any of the following reasons:
• You incurred charges/fees before your withdrawal request is processed.
• Not including your requested amount to be withdrawn, your account balance is insufficient to cover your incurred charges/fees.
• The incurred charges/fees were deducted from your requested amount to be withdrawn.
• There is a discrepancy in the bank account details provided (for Express and Wire withdrawals).
• The funds you were trying to withdraw came from a deposit and were not earned from working on the site. Check your deposit payment method as we might have refunded your money there.
"

So, they canceled my withdrawal and didn’t even write me any message! So, then I went to live chat and ask them the reason and they said there are some issues with employers’ profile!
The thing is this reason is not on the list of the reasons that they can cancel the withdrawal!
Secondly, these issues should have been checked before they showed me that I received the money and before the time that I sent the source code to the client!
So, it is totally their fault and since the project is finished, I should not be the one who pays for their fault!
I asked them till when I should wait for my money and they said the money is on hold till the client verify his account! And since this client is not going to cooperate, they are going to hold the money forever!
Now after 3 weeks of waiting they continue telling me the same story and offer me some unfair solutions which you can find in our chat transcripts.
They only say that they are sorry because of this problem but they are not going to accept their fault in this case!

I appreciate if someone here can show me the way that I can finally receive my money from them!
Attached Files
File Type: zip chat-new.zip (78.5 KB, 29 views)
gio is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-25-2019, 02:45 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Freelancer.com wants to hold money forever because of their own fault!

I wish to inform you that you may first send a notice to freelancer.com and if they do not pay the amount then you may inform law enforcement agencies. Further freelancer.com is from Australia therefore you may also report matter to ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission).

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-09-2019, 12:46 PM   #3
gio
gio's Flag is: Hungary

Default Re: Freelancer.com wants to hold money forever because of their own fault!

Thank you very much for your suggestion, Actually I sent the notice to freelancer but they are not going to release my money!
So I think I should report it to ACCC.
gio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2020, 10:08 PM   #4
jason2RB
jason2RB's Flag is: United States

gio, so did you report about it? When I was facing almost the same financial problems and issues, I've asked a lot of agencies to help me with registration of licenses in Europe, but only these guys ( here: https://prifinance.com/en/estonia-licenses/ ) helped our firm to resgiter those licenses properly, in two business days.

Last edited by jason2RB; 03-09-2020 at 12:03 PM.
jason2RB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-2020, 03:51 AM   #5
Lexus
Top Level Member

Gio, did you report the matter? Did the ACCC respond?
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote