Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Family-Sponsored Visas

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
terrent
terrent's Flag is: United States

Default EB-5 visa guarantee that I can stay in the USA forever

Does the EB-5 visa "guarantee" that I and my family can get the green card eventually and stay in the USA forever?

(assuming I commit no crime or other major violation)
terrent is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-04-2020, 05:11 AM   #2
Lexus
Top Level Member

Default Re: EB-5 visa guarantee that I can stay in the USA forever

U.S. immigration laws provide a variety of ways for people to apply for a Green Card. The eligibility requirements for adjustment of status may vary depending on the immigrant category you are applying under. The first step in the adjustment of status process is to determine if you fit into a specific immigrant category. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) administers the EB-5 Program. Under this program, investors (and their spouses and unmarried children under 21) are eligible to apply for a Green Card (permanent residence) if they make the necessary investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States; and plan to create or preserve 10 permanent full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers.

The EB-5 visa is a program that provides a path to US permanent residency for foreigners who want to invest in the United States. This program is known as EB-5 for the name of the employment-based fifth preference visa that participants receive. Adjustment of status is the process that you can use to apply for lawful permanent resident status (also known as applying for a Green Card) when you are present in the United States. This means that you may get a Green Card without having to return to your home country to complete visa processing. If you are outside of the United States, you must obtain your visa abroad through consular processing.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2020, 11:39 AM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: EB-5 visa guarantee that I can stay in the USA forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrent View Post
Does the EB-5 visa "guarantee" that I and my family can get the green card eventually and stay in the USA forever?

(assuming I commit no crime or other major violation)

As long as you comply with all terms yes that basically is what it means.