Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Car Accident Claims

Register FAQ Tags Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-24-2020, 06:04 PM   #1
unsuregirloh
unsuregirloh's Flag is: United States

Default KY - Auto accident no insurance

I was recently in an accident in the state of Kentucky that involved hitting a vehicle which caused other cars to wreck into the same vehicle. I was not provided a ticket for the accident. Fortunately, no one was injured but I don't have auto insurance and I don't know what to expect or what I should be doing to minimize the impact this will likely have on my future.
unsuregirloh is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-25-2020, 08:35 PM   #2
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Default Re: KY - Auto accident no insurance

I guess the answers you received down the street weren't good enough?

You are in a world of hurt. You'll be paying for this error for a LONG time. You may have to declare bankruptcy.

You may as well see an attorney now and find out how bad it may get for you.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-2020, 06:32 PM   #3
LJJ

Why did you get no ticket?

That possibly could help you.

Old 03-27-2020, 09:30 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

A traffic ticket is issued will depend on whether the accident was simply an unfortunate accident or whether one or both drivers were negligent or disregarded the rules of the road.
A traffic citation won’t be automatically issued just because there was an accident. Since the police officer probably didn’t witness the wreck, he or she has to rely on statements of eyewitnesses or any physical evidence surrounding the accident scene.
Not all accidents are caused by driver error, negligence or aggression. Some accidents are simply unfortunate incidents that happen which are beyond the control of either driver. When an accident happens, police will be on the scene, but they won’t automatically issue a traffic ticket if there isn’t any clear evidence of a traffic violation. If you or the other driver did break a law, a traffic ticket may be issued.

Driving without insurance is illegal because the costs of a car accident can be devastating. If you don’t have insurance when you get into an accident, you could be ruined financially — and so could the people you hurt.
If you’re at fault in an accident and you have insurance, then your insurer can pay the claims filed by the person you hit. If you don’t have insurance, you’ll have to pay for the victims’ hospital bills, car repairs and other losses yourself, or risk getting sued.
In the United States, the average auto liability claim for property damage is $3,638, and the average auto liability claim for bodily injury is $15,270.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 03-29-2020, 07:41 PM   #5
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ View Post
Why did you get no ticket?

That possibly could help you.
No it won't. Not in the least.

Old 03-29-2020, 07:43 PM   #6
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Talking Re: KY - Auto accident no insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
In the United States, the average auto liability claim for property damage is $3,638, and the average auto liability claim for bodily injury is $15,270.
Source for these numbers?