Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > NONPROFIT LAW and FUNDRAISING > Other Nonprofit Law Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2015, 09:30 AM   #1
Capable

Default Loss of Income

National US. Am a volunteer at a nonprofit, local officer. Global umbrella organization has a dispute with its third party, on a joint venture of 10 yrs. I am also an independent who works under contract with the third party, this is my livelihood. All ties were cut immediately, no warning, no time to transition, no backup or replacement services for the services the third party delivered. Many customers (corp and indiv) have paid in advance and people are losing large sums of $ by the dozens.

My contracts are being cancelled one by one, so far, to the tune of $5000. I want to remain a member in good standing, yet I cannot break contracts or my relationship with my source of income. I have to eat. There are also residual losses impacted by this action. What can I do to save my life?
Capable is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-09-2015, 10:35 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Loss of Income

I wish to inform you that it is the termination clause in the contracts which will have jurisdiction in this matter. If there is a violation of the termination clause then you may serve a written notice. If the matter is not resolved then you may file a lawsuit. The burden of proof will be on you to prove the allegations and claims made by you in the court. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance. The court will consider all the facts and decide the matter.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2015, 04:31 PM   #3
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Loss of Income

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capable View Post
National US. Am a volunteer at a nonprofit, local officer. Global umbrella organization has a dispute with its third party, on a joint venture of 10 yrs. I am also an independent who works under contract with the third party, this is my livelihood. All ties were cut immediately, no warning, no time to transition, no backup or replacement services for the services the third party delivered. Many customers (corp and indiv) have paid in advance and people are losing large sums of $ by the dozens.

My contracts are being cancelled one by one, so far, to the tune of $5000. I want to remain a member in good standing, yet I cannot break contracts or my relationship with my source of income. I have to eat. There are also residual losses impacted by this action. What can I do to save my life?
Take your contracts to a lawyer for you may be able to enforce payment for breach.

Only a lawyer of your state can advise on what remedies you have, based upon the specific language of your contracts.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote