•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dannon101
    • Jan 2019
    • United States

Language of a Power of Attorney notifying me

What one sentence e.g. can I include in the language of a Power of Attorney, so that the attorney always need to check with me prior to exercising decisions on my behalf?

Is there some way to do that?
    Thank you!
  • adjusterjack
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • May 2016

Re: Language of a Power of Attorney notifying me

That kind of limitation makes a POA useless. You might as well not have one and just take care of things by yourself.

As for what you write, how about: "You always need to check with me prior to exercising decisions on my behalf."

Comment

• olive
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Mar 2008

The Grantor of the power of attorney may need the POA holder to run to the bank occasionally, but wants to know when that's happening. So I can imagine that providing the notice might be helpful in some cases that is not necessarily making the POA useless.

Comment

• Highwayman
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by dannon101
        What one sentence e.g. can I include in the language of a Power of Attorney, so that the attorney always need to check with me prior to exercising decisions on my behalf?

Is there some way to do that?
        Thank you!
        Speak to an attorney if you want to be certain.

Comment

• Lexus
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • Sep 2010
          • United States

The language in a power of attorney should be specific to each and every point.
          If the language is not clear it will not serve its purpose.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...