•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronaldburman
    • Mar 2014
    • United States

FOIA request and non-profits

Interested in making a FOIA request for profit / loss statements for my non-profit condominium association in the State of Michigan. Who do I make this request to?
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: FOIA request and non-profits

I wish to inform you that the Freedom of Information Act only covers public bodies, not private organizations such as a condominium or homeowners association. The Condominium Act, Act 59 of 1978 will have jurisdiction in this matter. Section 54 of the Condominium Act states that the association of co-owners must give each owner a financial statement once a year. Further, the bylaws must have provisions for disputes between a co-owner and the association. Finally, Section 107 of the Condominium Act gives a co-owner authority to take action in circuit court against the association of co-owners and its officers and directors to compel them to enforce the provisions of the condominium documents or the Condominium Act itself.

AFF

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...