Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > LABOR and EMPLOYMENT LAW > Other Labor Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
dhowe

Default Right to access own personnel (employee) file?

I live in Michigan, do I have the right to examine my employee file? I believe there to be evidence of discrimination and or bias inside my file.
I have asked to review my file and was denied access.
dhowe is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Right to access own personnel (employee) file?

I wish to inform you that an employer cannot refuse access to file. Under Michigan law, an employee is allowed to view her personnel file. Employees are also allowed to make photocopies of anything in the file for their personal records. Further if there is a lawsuit then file can also be demanded in discovery of document stage of the lawsuit.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No