Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Other Immigration Law and Visas > H-1B Worker Visas

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout




Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1
Default L1B to H1B and job change

I am currently on a L1B visa 5th year in progress. Current company applied for my H1B in April 2012 and it is approved but it will not take effect untill the 1st of October. Current company is also working on my green card currently in I140 stage (applied in FEB 2012) waiting for approval.
I have an job offer from another company and would like to know if I can join the new company with the existing approved H1B which will be in effect from the 1st of October 2012. The new company is ready to file for a new H1B if required but cannot wait until October 2012 to hire me.
#1: Can I join new company with existing H1B which takes effect from 1st October?
#2: Can I join new company immediately if it applies for new H1B?
raghavr is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Top Level Member
AFFA's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23,442
Default Re: L1B to H1B and job change

I wish to inform you that under the provisions of bill S.2045 valid H1B visa holders are enabled to change jobs upon the filing of a new petition by the new employer. However, the individual has to be in lawful status at the time of filing. Further, the individual should not have engaged in any unauthorized employment since his or her last lawful admission. Under the provisions of AC21, an H1B visa holder may transfer to start work (a new H1B job) with a new employer, provided that the new US employer follows the procedures to file an H1B transfer visa application on behalf of the worker.

AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 05-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
Posts: n/a
Cool Transfer valid H1B visa that was extended beyond 6 years

Can I transfer a valid H1B visa that was extended beyond 6 years because of Green Card processing? Can I start working after filing the new H1B, like in the under 6 years H1B visa transfers I am in the 7th year. I know that I will need to apply again for the Green Card and the new employer agreed to sponsor it.

Thank you!
  Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No


This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2944 times

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last name change Incorrect22 Other Family Law Matters 3 06-14-2016 09:24 AM
My 16 yr.old son wants to change his last name... desperatedad Child Custody and Support 3 03-31-2012 07:12 PM
Time May Change Me. . . But Judges Don’t Change Venue WSJ Law Blog Law News 0 09-10-2009 08:20 AM
How to change name of an LLC Sue Cook Starting a Business 2 04-27-2009 12:25 AM
Can I change Due Date? I need to change this to the 1st of every month. Unregistered Landlord vs Tenant Issues 1 10-18-2008 04:44 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 AM.

Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2020 by