Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Consumer Complaints

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 08:58 PM   #1
hazel051077

Unhappy Non Delivery of Motorcycle

I hired a moving company All Safe Move to move me from Oakland, CA to Colorado Springs, CO. On May 31, 2007 the movers came I prepaid them $1000 by check and they picked up my furniture and Motorcycle with the long distance move I had 1 month free storage and the company's basic insurance on my property. On June 15, 2007 I asked for my property back. I finally received my furniture on July 6,2007 but my motorcycle was not on the truck. The truck driver signed on the inventory list that I did not receive my motorcycle and that not to worry it was on its way just on a different truck. Since July 6, 2007 I have been told that my motorcycle was on its way and that I should see it in two days, this was told to me everytime I called after two days passed and I still didn't have my motorcycle. On July 20, 2007 I did a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and on July 26, 2007 Sherry Williams with All Safe Move called and told me to fax proof of ownership to her regarding the motorcycle. I faxed information on July 27, 2007 she then called said she received the information and for me to come to the warehouse to pick up motorcycle I told her that I am in Colorado and I prepaid for a long distance move. She then preceed to tell me that my bike was on its way and that it should be delivered within 5-7 days it is now August 8, 2007 and now they are telling me that they are having trouble with getting a truck to deliver the motorcycle to me. What are my recourses on getting my property back? I am now in Colorado and I am at a lost at what to do to get my property back. I don't have the financial means to sue a moving company. Please someone help me.
hazel051077 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 08-10-2007, 01:54 PM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Non Delivery of Motorcycle

Based on what you say here, you could file suit against them (or at least threaten to do so) in small claims court or in regular court; filing in small claims court is easier and requires no attorney...you could try to collect all of the costs and damages that you suffered due to their behavior... You may also report them to your state attorney general's office. WLD attorneys could also become directly involved, though they normally do charge a fee for that.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:56 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Non Delivery of Motorcycle

File a complaint with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration at http://nccdb.fmcsa.dot.gov/HomePage.asp