•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Water Damage
    • Sep 2018
    • United States

Water Intrusion from Unit Above

I have water seeping down my wall and on my ceiling from the condo above me. I believe that my neighbors front windows are leaking during rain storms and my neighbor has told me that he doesn't have any water on his floors. My neighbor is a Board Member and he knows about the three times that I have had water intrusion. I live on the beach and this is the third storm in a year that I have had water coming into my unit. Today was the first time that I was home and saw where the water was coming from. I have a horrible management company. I have wood floors and I have fixed the floors twice.
    I don't mind fixing my floors but the water seepage has to stop. Where do I go to get help?
  • adjusterjack
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • May 2016

Re: Water Intrusion from Unit Above

Do you rent it or own it?

Do you have condo insurance or renters insurance.

What state?

Comment

• Unregistered

Have a professional visit and determine the cause if the Board wont do so.

If water is leaking in, it is usually the association that must pay to fix it.

Unless something you did caused the situation.

Comment

• Lexus
        Top Level Member
        ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
        • Sep 2010
        • United States

In this regard you can contact the condo association to reach a solution. It is good to amicably settle the issue.

Comment

• Unregistered

Facing the same situation. I had the association president visit along with a builder I hired as well.

They all agreed the problem started with the above neighbors unit and sent a team to review the issue which indeed WAS a faulty sliding door set up.

So it was fixed, the association addressed the wall water and sent in serve pro to dry the wall inside my apartment. They had blowers run for three days--very noisy and I had to sleep at a friends house after the first day.

But in the end it was all taken care of.
          It is not always simple to find exactly where the issue starts and what to do, it does take some work and some examination sometimes.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a red dog is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...