Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > IMMIGRATION LAW > Family-Sponsored Visas

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default I-94 Visa Issues Due to Iceland Volcano

My mother-in-law currently has a B2 visa and the I-94 stamp has a date of April 21, 2010. She is scheduled to leave on Monday April 19th. Due to the Iceland Volcano, there is a good chance her flight will be canceled. My question is, what will happen if she can't get a flight until after April 21? She will then be considered "out of status". As of now, her flight is still scheduled. Any help would be great, thanks.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 04-18-2010, 03:44 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: I-94 Visa Issues Due to Iceland Volcano

I wish to inform you that your mother-in-law must submit the I-94 at the time of departure. If due to natural calamity the flight is re-scheduled the transportation carrier can give a note and attach it to the I-94 about the circumstances of delay beyond the hands of the passenger. You can also contact the Customs and Border Protection (Passenger Operations) for guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No