• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MisterD
    • Feb 2018
    • Ireland

Bounced Cheque in UAE

Greetings all,

I have an outstanding Credit Credit and have missed 4-5 missed payments.

A Debt collection agency have threatend to bounce a security cheque belonging to me, however I never gave a security cheque when taking out the Credit Card in the first place.

Is this still possible? If so is this action result in a police case?

Thanks
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Bounced Cheque in UAE

I wish to inform you that in absence of a valid cheque in possession of financial institution there cannot be a bounced cheque. If bank claims hat there is a bounced cheque then it may be objected on the ground that such a cheque is forged or otherwise fake and hence you should not be held liable for anything. A bank may present a cheque only if it is in possession of a cheque.

AFF

Comment

• Dontyouworry
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Jun 2017
      • United Arab Emirates

Originally posted by MisterD
      Greetings all,

I have an outstanding Credit Credit and have missed 4-5 missed payments.

A Debt collection agency have threatend to bounce a security cheque belonging to me, however I never gave a security cheque when taking out the Credit Card in the first place.

Is this still possible? If so is this action result in a police case?

Thanks
      Not mandatory that you have to provide a cheque of your account to the bank when you applied for the card, the application you signed while applying it would have a cheque attached with the application itself and the banks use only that to bounce it internally in their bank itself by creating a dummy account with the documents you provided to them. No bank willl ever lend or no liability will ever get approved without a cheque.
      www.uaedebtsolutions.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Dontyouworry
        Not mandatory that you have to provide a cheque of your account to the bank when you applied for the card, the application you signed while applying it would have a cheque attached with the application itself and the banks use only that to bounce it internally in their bank itself by creating a dummy account with the documents you provided to them. No bank willl ever lend or no liability will ever get approved without a cheque.
        Sir pls help the bank already warned me twice this month about filing a case and travel ban if i will not pay. Sir is it true that if theres a case the police will go to your work place and handcuff you???

Comment

• Lexus
          Top Level Member
          ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
          • Sep 2010
          • United States

Re: Bounced Cheque in UAE

You can ignore the threat of collection agency as they could not bounce a cheque that was not given by you. Further they could not immediately take action against you before complying some procedures prior to initiate a suit.

Comment

• Dontyouworry
            Top Level Member
            ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
            • Jun 2017
            • United Arab Emirates

Originally posted by Unregistered
            Sir pls help the bank already warned me twice this month about filing a case and travel ban if i will not pay. Sir is it true that if theres a case the police will go to your work place and handcuff you???
            Email us at **************************** for such detailed information.
            www.uaedebtsolutions.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

Do birds chirp or mooo?... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...