Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BUSINESS and FINANCE LAW > Consumer Complaints

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2019, 12:19 PM   #1
Gardengnome
Gardengnome's Flag is: UK

Default Warranty worthless?

that was bought with a 2 year labour and 5 year parts guarantee. I contacted the manufacturer to inform them that a mullion spring in the fridge door had broken and the door does not seal properly now. They are unable to locate a spare part as the unit is discontinued. Their answer is to offer me a replacement fridge freezer at a reduced price of £400 instead of the RRP of £700. I am puzzled as to why they think that a cost to me of £400 seems a reasonable offer as they cannot fulfil their guarantee? Can anyone offer any advice as to what they are obliged to offer/provide.
Many thanks in advance.
Gardengnome is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 10-06-2019, 03:49 PM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Warranty worthless?

I wish to inform you that terms of your agreement will govern your rights. if your agreement provide that there will be guaranty of 5 years then for 5 years company is liable to bear your expense as regards replacement of part. You may thus claim that as your product is still covered in guaranty thus you may not be liable for any amount towards cost of part being replaced.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2019, 06:56 PM   #3
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengnome View Post
a mullion spring in the fridge door had broken
There seems to be mullion springs all over the internet. Maybe you'll have better luck finding one.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=mullion+spring&t=ffhp&ia=web

Why is it your responsibility, you ask. Because, otherwise, you don't get your fridge fixed.
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2019, 03:01 AM   #4
Lexus
Top Level Member

If your product is within the warranty period, you are eligible for repairs for free-of-cost. You can approach the Federal Trade Commission's Bureau of Consumer Protection. They stop unfair, deceptive and fraudulent business practices by collecting complaints and conducting investigations, suing companies and people that break the law. https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.go...car-complaints
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote