Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > REAL ESTATE and PROPERTY LAW > Neighbor Law

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #11
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Unreasonable neighbor... He asked me to remove the tree completely.

Just as you are entitled to your 1/4 acre and peaceful enjoyment, so is your neighbor. I suggest you build an aesthetically pleasing canopied area, to deflect a majority of the needles, while enhancing the value of your own property.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #12
Unregistered

Peaceful enjoyment is what my neighbor gets from this tree. I get a lot of work in lawn and pool maintance and a lot of chemicals to be bought because of the pollen and acidity of the needles. A canopy that would protect from this tree would cost more than my house. Anyone thinking a canopy is a reasonable option needs to actually look into the costs. While public parks can afford these structures with tax payer money, it is not a reasonable option for the middle class homeowner. Again, I am not saying my neighbor has any obligation to me or needs to do a thing. I am saying that anyone who has a tree that sheds needles or leaves mainly on their neighbors lawn and not their own and does nothing to relief this problem is either completely oblivious or selfish and rude. I think it is funny that people are wondering what the law says (which would be that I can take care of every branch on my side, which would make her tree very bare and ugly, but I would not do that to her); I think people should look more into what their common sense, ethics and morals tell them is right.
"You have the legal right to trim tree branches up to the property line. But you may not go onto the neighbor's property or destroy the tree itself."

Old 06-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #13
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

You should have considered this before spending the money. I also have a built in pool. After dealing with the leaves from my own trees for many years, I decided on an effective method to solve the problem. It involved several truck loads of dirt and a bulldozer. I have never heard of anyone having a built in pool that is lower maintenance than mine.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #14
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disagreeable View Post
You should have considered this before spending the money. I also have a built in pool. After dealing with the leaves from my own trees for many years, I decided on an effective method to solve the problem. It involved several truck loads of dirt and a bulldozer. I have never heard of anyone having a built in pool that is lower maintenance than mine.
My assumption is you are misunderstanding me. I am a hard worker and am fine with up keeping whatever I need to upkeep, including my pool and my lawn; Keeps me in shape! My only comment (not problem) is that people who have property that inflicts damage and work upon other people's property and do not care are inconsiderate. I have one tree in my backyard that blows leaves into my neighbors yard and that section of their yard is bare without trees. When I am raking my yard, I rake that section of their yard too. Easy! And...they appreciate it.

Old 04-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #15
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To be short and simple, the man will be laughed out of court and if the judge is smart, he'll slap him with filing a frivolous lawsuit.

Your tree is in your yard. Where the pine needles fall is out of your control. It was his choice to install a pool. If he doesn't like pine needles in his pool, he has the option to cover (screen-in) the pool area.

Instead of telling him anything, cease communication with him. He's clearly a high conflict personality and trying to reason with him is a fruitless waste of time.

You have every right to dispute it. It won't get anywhere anyway. He's got no case against you.
It is not a frivolous act. Anyone growing a tree should keep it maintained on their own property. You chose to plant the tree, keep it off neighbors property.... IT'S YOUR TREE NOT MINE TRIM IT......

Old 04-01-2019, 04:58 AM   #16
Hannah43307

Sometimes we did not choose to plant the tree it was there and has grown large now.
But to destroy a tree just because one neighbor doesn't want the hassle of a few leaves seems terrible to me and that's the situation I face.

But the info above was certainly a good read. Guess I am not the only one with a dung-brain neighbor.

Old 04-01-2019, 06:46 PM   #17
Highwayman
Top Level Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah43307 View Post
Guess I am not the only one with a dung-brain neighbor.
Speaking of "dung-brain", I guess that's what it takes to post to a thread that was last updated 4 years ago and originated 8 years ago. Brilliant.
Highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote