Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Debt Collection

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-19-2019, 10:51 AM   #11
miss_d85
miss_d85's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by keannu View Post
Sounds fishy you took a loan without informing your family LOL. How much is a sim card in Philippines? If you are a collector base in Philippines and I have a loan lets say in UAE for 500k dirhams. Will you visit my place without any assurance that you may be able to collect any amount? Will you risk your life visiting my place? If your answer is yes better work as a collection agent. If your answer is no, nobody else will. Except that if the person is that stupid.
@keannu- yes, I didn't inform my parents when I took the loan as I don't want to involve them with my actions. I wasn't planning to default as I had a good job in UAE but things happened and new opportunities came so I left UAE. Now, I am still on the process of securing a job to where I am right now. My mistake was I put my home address in the Philippines so they could use it to track me if my case is already sold to a collection agent. I was just scared that they would harrass my parents and I won't be there to defend them. FYI, I am not a collection agent and I would never be. I would just like to get answers once this scenarios will happen. Thank you
miss_d85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 01-19-2019, 10:59 AM   #12
keannu
keannu's Flag is: Philippines

Default Re: Unpaid ADCB Loan

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_ragasa View Post
@keannu- yes, I didn't inform my parents when I took the loan as I don't want to involve them with my actions. I wasn't planning to default as I had a good job in UAE but things happened and new opportunities came so I left UAE. Now, I am still on the process of securing a job to where I am right now. My mistake was I put my home address in the Philippines so they could use it to track me if my case is already sold to a collection agent. I was just scared that they would harrass my parents and I won't be there to defend them. FYI, I am not a collection agent and I would never be. I would just like to get answers once this scenarios will happen. Thank you
It is really fishy and I find you inconsistent. You have new opportunities and still on the process of securing a job? Where is the new opportunity? I think you migrated to another country and planned to ran away. It is just my analysis because it sounded that way.
keannu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2019, 11:14 AM   #13
miss_d85

Quote:
It is really fishy and I find you inconsistent. You have new opportunities and still on the process of securing a job? Where is the new opportunity? I think you migrated to another country and planned to ran away. It is just my analysis because it sounded that way.
Sorry, I didn't plan to run away. I have every bit of intention to pay them back monthly until my last bill. I also plan to continue paying even when I am out of the country already. Yes am in the process of migrating to where I am now. Yes, I thought I got everything under control. I thought I could secure a job before the amount I left in my bank account for monthly payments runs out but I was wrong. It's taking longer to secure a job while you're still in the process of migrating. Bottom line is I defaulted for 3 months now so I have received a message from a certain lady in tasheel that the bank already initiated a case against me. I have no way to pay as I am still processing my papers. I posted my worries in here just because I don't know the answer. I was hoping to get a response without being accused of being a collection agent nor be judged. Everyone here has a different situation that led them to this problem. Sorry on how the way I explained it. I did not intend to confuse you. Thank you

Last edited by miss_d85; 01-19-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:41 AM   #14
miss_d85

Quote:
To explain further, the "new opportunities" I was talking about is the chance to migrate in a better country than UAE(no offense as it's only my own opinion). After the process is done, I would be able to secure a better and high paying job here. I know that even when I explain my situation to the bank/collection agency/agent they won't do anything and would like me to pay the whole amount right now which I still am not capable of. I just don't want them to harrass my parents as I took the loan with my own decision. But as I said, I thought I got it under control when my opportunity to migrate came. Again I was wrong but I am willing to talk to them and pay any court fees if they already filed a case against me once my process is done and already got a job. I just saw some posts in here where agents harrass the relatives of the defaulter, it's really scary 😢

Last edited by miss_d85; 01-19-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:13 AM   #15
dBase23
dBase23's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontyouworry View Post
Relax as you have nothing at all to worry about unless you are going to enter the UAE. Any legal threats in your home country for the liability you have in the UAE is null and void.
Thank you very much for the reply. Means so much to me.
dBase23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 11:12 AM   #16
keannu
keannu's Flag is: Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus View Post
UAE bank could not take any legal action against you in your home country.
But there is a chance for arrest at any GCC airport upon arrival for unpaid debt in UAE.
Aside from fraud, what could be other reason for an arrest at any GCC airport for an unpaid credit cards or loans.
keannu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2019, 02:01 PM   #17
Dontyouworry
Top Level Member
Dontyouworry's Flag is: United Arab Emirates

View Member's Facebook Profile

Quote:
Aside from fraud, what could be other reason for an arrest at any GCC airport for an unpaid credit cards or loans.
Nothing more as such.
Dontyouworry is offline   Reply With Quote