Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTERNATIONAL LAW > International Law Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2019, 03:23 AM   #1
Airborne_19j
Airborne_19j's Flag is: Germany

Default State Jurisdiction on Crimes

Hey,

I am a law student and I recently came across a statement which states that “discuss the state jurisdiction on the crimes committed regardless of where the crime starts or ends”.

Now as far as my knowledge is concerned and in the light of cases that I have studied, the state exercises full jurisdiction over the crimes committed on it’s land except in the case of diplomatic officials. Whereas, if the crimes starts from your land and ends in another state, then in order to start prosecution, there ought to have been an extradition treaty along with the principle of double criminality.

Anyways, I am not sure about the authenticity of the above knowledge. So any help would be highly appreciated
Airborne_19j is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 08-24-2019, 09:04 AM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: State Jurisdiction on Crimes

Do your own homework.

adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 08-24-2019, 09:16 AM   #3
Airborne_19j
Airborne_19j's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjusterjack View Post
Do your own homework.

If you don’t know the answer or your attitude don’t allow you to help others then perhaps you should refrain from replying. Or I believe you haven’t studied the question totally
Airborne_19j is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No