Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > INTERNATIONAL LAW > Doing Business in China

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-07-2019, 12:23 PM   #11
UKtravelagent

Default Re: Notarization fees in China - SCAM

Thank you guys for so many useful information.

The similar scam happened to our business partners twice this year, one is a travel association, one is a 5-star hotel. They both want to work with us on this "program" and that's how we prevent them from being fooled.

The one scam email sent to the hotel is as below:
Dear Sir or Madam,
Good day!
We are a tourism group company in China. We will divide our 106 tourists into 3 groups to your country for traveling every 30 days from October/ November 2019- February, 2020, around 35 people per batch that the last batch may more than 1/2 people. By the way, the time from October/ November 2019- February, 2020 can be adjusted by your acceptance ability. Please recommend us interest, city scenery, tourist attractions, shopping malls, etc. As the company travel group, I think single rooms with twin or triple beds are the best choice for us. Yes, we also want you to offer your travel service quotation (including travelling routes, accommodation with 2*or 3*or 4* hotel, transportation, three meals like buffet, entrance fees, tour guides, insurance, tips, the unit price of each person's day trip and the total price of the whole group, ect). Could you please send us the 30-day program with pictures in PDF and the total quotation list in the form of attachment (including services mentioned above)? Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Wang
Tel:0086-156-26940182
YueShang Construction Group Co., Ltd.
VAT:9144010130472821XY.

An inquiry like this is really tempting, but still a scam for sure. Hope more travel agent be aware of it!!!!!

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 08-08-2019, 02:31 AM   #12
Unregistered

OH

I found your post already on Google.
Good Lord how many people fall for that?

Old 09-04-2019, 06:00 AM   #13
Karolina

Good morning,
I am writing form Poland.
We've got an email form Wang:
"Dear Sir or Madam,
Good day and well known you from Hotel Chańcza***.
We are a large tour group which has 330 tourists. We will divide our tourists into 7 groups to your country for traveling, around 40-50 per batch every 10 days from October/ November 2019- February, 2020. By the way, the time from October/ November 2019- February, 2020 can be adjusted by your acceptance ability. Please recommend us interest, city scenery, tourist attractions, shopping malls, etc. As the company travel group, I think single rooms with twin or triple beds are the best choice for us. Yes, we also want you to offer your travel service quotation (including travelling routes, accommodation with 2*or 3*or 4* hotel, transportation, three meals like buffet, entrance fees, tour guides, insurance, tips, the unit price of each person's day trip and the total price of the whole group, ect). Could you please send us the 10-day program with pictures in PDF and the total quotation list in the form of attachment (including services mentioned above)? Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Wang
Tel:0086-756-6940182
YueShang Construction Group Co., Ltd.
VAT:9144010130472821XY"

Is this a fraud?
Next week we wanted to fly to Zhuhai for sign the contract. We agreed all detail by email.
What should we do?
They told us about notary fees but didn't say anything that we should take the money with us.
Please tell us what do You think about this?
I am realy confused. We bought the tickets, it was expencive, but we sill don't pay for the hotel.
Now I see we should not go....

Can somebody write somethig more - maybe someone else got the mail like this.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:34 AM   #14
miranda77

I don't think it is legitimate.
Any time those supposed notarization fees come up it's a scam.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:48 AM   #15
Unregistered

I found an information about this fees in the draft contract they send me.
I asked abut this, of course an answer was it is about 0.6 % of all contact, and we should pay it 50-50% both sides.
So we thought it is normal there. Also they explain us why we have to come to Chine:
"In addition, please kindly add your owner’s or your owner and his companion’s fee to come to China to the total price and we will pay that for you together with the 30% payment of the contract. Hereby we want to make the explanation to you again for our long-term cooperation below:
If we could reach consensus and decide to sign our first contract, we need to apply for the foreign exchange which could give you payment, however, the Chinese government stipulates that, once the EUR or the US dollar remittance is more than 10,000 CNY, we our side must have a contract and your owner’s entry - exit records to China, the most important thing is your entry- exit records to China, for the government aims to prevent official corruption from illegal contracts and illegal remittance abroad like money laundry, please kindly understand, so we could not sign this contract with you by email or post because of first cooperation and sincerely invite you to sign our first contract in China. Otherwise, our cooperation and the contract will not be approved, thanks for your understand."
That is what they wrote us.

I realy don't know what to do...
Did someone here got something like this?