X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • meritindia
    • Mar 2012

Permanent Residence for Austria

My son born in India got educated in Germany and now a German citizen is employed in Austria. I am a retired govt servant based in India and live with my wife. We are keen to move to Austria closer to our son on permanent residence basis without seeking any employment.

I understand there is a provision for admitting such applications on a quota basis where We need to prove that we have sufficient funds for our maintenance and know basic German.

I am on govt pension here which is quite handsome for Indian standards but not as much as required as per the conditions laid down in the scheme. but I have plenty of financial assets to support us. We also do not have any certificate to show our proficiency in German but we know some basic German otherwise.

Can we file our application and if the same can be accepted for consideration?
  • AFFA
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Dec 2009

Re: Permanent Residnce for Austria

I wish to inform you that you may seek permanent residence in Austria. In this regard you may apply under Settlement Permit - Relatives category. You may also go to Germany under Family Reunion category. In this your child may be required to show that he has sufficient space to live and resources for medical insurance and sufficient financial resources. Financial resources of your child may be taken into consideration. You may be required to show knowledge of German Language.

AFF
    Last edited by AFFA; 12-20-2018, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• Lexus
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Sep 2010
      • United States

Re: Permanent Residence for Austria

Your son can file application in Germany together with a proof to show that you are financially able to maintain yourself in Germany to get a permit.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a pink dog is ... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...