Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS > Trials and Sentencing

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout




Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #1
Junior Member
MPW's Flag is: Denmark
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
Default straffelovens § 276 - Denmark


Section 276 of the Penal Code

after 7 months since the shoplifting and even though I paid for the stolen items, I received Brev fra politiet Sigtetbrev. (notification letter from the police)

It says:

De sigtes i den anledning for overtrædelse af straffelovens § 276 ved at have begået butikstyveri.Som sigtet har De ikke pligt til at udtale Dem til politiet.Er De enig i sigtelsen, skal De ikkeforetage Dem yderligere.Er De uenigi sigtelsen og ønsker De at afgive forklaring til sagen, skal jeg anmode Dem om at rette hen-vendelse til Københavns Politi, Afdeling for sagsbehandling inden 14 dage fra dags dato.

It basically says that if I agree I should not do anything and if disagree I have 14 days time to contact police.

Does it mean I will just be fined and will I have it on my public criminal record or just private police one?
MPW is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #2
Top Level Member
AFFA's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 23,073
Default Re: straffelovens § 276 - Denmark

I wish to inform you that letter show that police may be having a complaint against you. However at present there may not be any court order as communication is from police and not court. You may be on criminal record if court held you guilty.

AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 09-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #3
Top Level Member
Lexus's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,588
Default Re: straffelovens § 276 - Denmark

In this case you should contact a lawyer to inquire if there is any benefit in contesting the case. After scrutinizing the case the lawyer can advise whether to admit to contest the case.
Lexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No


This thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 355 times

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wanted by Denmark epolwanted Arrests, Searches, Seizures 17 09-13-2016 10:59 AM
Overstayer In UK, Can I apply to go to Denmark? thesaaya Deportation and Removal Issues 5 09-17-2015 09:25 AM
Denmark - throwing out from home EniuuuPL Child Custody and Support 11 10-30-2014 04:45 PM
Having children in Australia... I am from Denmark. Tanja Child Custody and Support 6 11-18-2010 04:13 PM
Marriage agreement law Denmark in 82? Unregistered International Law Issues 0 01-07-2010 04:32 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.

Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2019 by