Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > HEALTHCARE LAW and MALPRACTICE > Medical Malpractice

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

View Poll Results: How much the attorneys spend for durable pens for clients ?

0.10$-0.20$ 0 0%
0.20$-0.30$ 0 0%
0.30$-0.40$ 1 50.00%
0.40$-0.75$ 1 50.00%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #1
justlookingx

Unhappy injury during colon exam required emg. surgery & 5 days in hospital

During a colon exam my wife's colon was cut by the insterment the doctor was using. This required emergency surgery and a five day hospital stay. Her doctor said she was injured because she moved suddenly during the colon exam implying that it was her fault. I thought the anesthesiologist was suppose to put a person far enough under that thay would would not feel the pain and respond by flenching. How can a person be responsable for their actions when they are under anesthetics? A different doctor performed the emergency surgery while her doctor left town for four days.

My wife never had a choice in the matter because she went in for the colon exam and woke up in the sugery room with several holes in her bruised and painful abdomen. The docer had contacted my wife's daughter for permission to operate because she was still knocked out by the colon exams anesthesia. My wife had to endure this trama and shock while be fed by i.v. only for 3 days.

Shouldn't my wife's doctor at least pay her medical bills loss of income resulting from the injury she recieved during his colon examination? Or is this a malpractive issue?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-18-2008, 06:29 AM   #2
justlookingx

Hep! injury during colon exam=emg surgery, 5 days in hosp & a $20,000 bill.

Help... Injury during colon exam = emergency surgery, 5 days in hosp & a $20,000 bill.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #3
Unregistered

Default Re: Hep! injury during colon exam=emg surgery, 5 days in hosp & a $20,000 bill.

Usually colonoscopy exams are not done under general anesthesia. Rather, conscious sedation is done with an IV sedative (usually versed) and an IV narcotic pain medicine. An RN, not an anesthesiologist, does this conscious sedation. Bowel "perfs" are one of the main complications of a colonoscopy and are explained in the informed consent. I don't know if you would have a case or not.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
Unregistered

Default Re: Hep! injury during colon exam=emg surgery, 5 days in hosp & a $20,000 bill.

What was the exact prep done (medication) prior to the exam?

Old 07-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
ceejay2005

Default re: injury during colon exam required emg. surgery & 5 days in hospital

Highly partisan and polarized nature of the debate, the issue of medical malpractice is further challenged by the fact that the data available to assess the scope of the problem and the impact of the policies is often lacking or incomplete. For example, malpractice cases that do not result in a jury award (because they are settled out of court or dismissed) are often not included in the databases that are used in research. There are also very few data sources available to inform this policy discussion. This leaves many feeling skeptical about the ability of policymakers to thoroughly evaluate the proposals on the table and could increase the propensity for interest groups to influence debate on these complicated issues.

http://doctorfinders.com/colon.php

colon surgery

Old 11-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
LJ Admin

Default Re: injury during colon exam required emg. surgery & 5 days in hospital

Duplicate thread.

http://www.legaljunkies.com/forumdan...-20k-bill.html

Closed Thread