Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > ACCIDENTS, PERSONAL INJURY, INSURANCE > Class Actions and Defective Products

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-16-2015, 12:26 AM   #51
Unregistered

I have been dealing with these scammers for six years now. I was sold into a lease by a salesman the same way many of these other stories are. With in the first month they took thousands of dollars, essentially causing my start-up business to go under. I had to close my bank account to get them to stop taking money. they called all day every day until I had lawyers send cease and desist letters and changed my phone number.

They have been sending me threatening letters for years and threaten my credit (which they have never hit and transunion recognizes them as a fraud company and will remove negative marks I've heard). My credit has not been hit other than a few hard credit inquiries they have run when they file a law suit. They do a hard credit inquiry every time they file a lawsuit against me. I notice it, then start getting letters from lawyers wanting to represent me, but no summons yet.

They filed a suit in 2010 in NY, however never served me with papers. No judgement was ever issued.
They recently filed again in NY courts against me May of this year. I received a phone call in August (which I let go to voicemail) saying that if I wanted to settle I'd have to or they would sue me. I am currently waiting to see if they actually send me papers this time. The statute of limitations is up the end of this year so if they were going to make a move now would be the time. I'm not paying them anything one way or another.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 08-22-2015, 03:42 PM   #52
totallyirate

Default Re: Northern Leasing Systems: What can I do?

I have just now been scammed by this company and it involved another company "Elite Pay Global". I signed up for them to be c.c. processor and was tricked into signing a contract where I was to pay $99 a month to lease equipment and I told him I could not afford this so he said a bunch of hogwash about giving me $150 credit and making the payments smaller during slow seasons, and come to find out I get a "contract" in the mail from Northern Leasing where my initials and signature looked like they cut and pasted into it. The salesperson had a tablet and I was shown no details about any contract muchless a "noncancellable" contract!!! Anyways, Northern has charged me twice and the amounts were over $99 so I called and then found out that there are sales tax and insurance "fees" and it is not cancellable and there is no way to negotiate the fees. I am going to send the equipment back to them with a letter stating I don't want their equipment because I can get it for free somewhere else and they can bill me but not draft my account (which I am gonna switch accounts before I do this). I am sure they will send me an outrageous bill for about $5000. I am not going to pay it. I know there was a class action suit against them but I don't know if I would be included or not and I have NO IDEA how they are still in business still being crooks!!! What can I do!
totallyirate is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2015, 03:19 PM   #53
Unregistered

Angry Re: Northern Leasing Systems: What can I do?

I was just handed our company file for Northern Leasing Services. The owner of our small company signed a48 month lease contract in 2003 and another in 2006. The services had been used without much issue, but in 2011 he decided he no longer wanted the CC machines. Multiple emails and phone calls have been sent/made with no response. it is now 2015 and every month $100 dollars is taken from an account to pay this company. We are out of Massachusetts and if there is anyone else out of Mass that is currently dealing with this fraudulent company, please let me know. I am not sure which route I will be taking with this yet, so any advice is appreciated. Thank you

Old 10-01-2015, 11:42 AM   #54
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have been dealing with these scammers for six years now. I was sold into a lease by a salesman the same way many of these other stories are. With in the first month they took thousands of dollars, essentially causing my start-up business to go under. I had to close my bank account to get them to stop taking money. they called all day every day until I had lawyers send cease and desist letters and changed my phone number.

They have been sending me threatening letters for years and threaten my credit (which they have never hit and transunion recognizes them as a fraud company and will remove negative marks I've heard). My credit has not been hit other than a few hard credit inquiries they have run when they file a law suit. They do a hard credit inquiry every time they file a lawsuit against me. I notice it, then start getting letters from lawyers wanting to represent me, but no summons yet.

They filed a suit in 2010 in NY, however never served me with papers. No judgement was ever issued.
They recently filed again in NY courts against me May of this year. I received a phone call in August (which I let go to voicemail) saying that if I wanted to settle I'd have to or they would sue me. I am currently waiting to see if they actually send me papers this time. The statute of limitations is up the end of this year so if they were going to make a move now would be the time. I'm not paying them anything one way or another.
Please contact Queens County DA office, as for Fred Wyshak at 718-286-6000. He is asking for others that have been scammed by an Attorney named Kevin J. Connolly with regards to NLS.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #55
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

I did the same thing, never got served and did not know NLS was awarded a default judgment against me for over a year. I applied for a loan, at that time I was declined the loan. All the lender would say is, check your credit. I did and found the judgment. It was already a year old at that time. I am in Texas, so I hired attorney Kevin J. Connolly. He claimed he could vacate the judgment in about 3 or 4 weeks, I retained him paid the fees he ask for $2400.00 and waited. It has been over a year now and he got my money and I got nothing. IMHO, Kevin J. Connolly is riding the coat tails of NLS and scamming out of state clients. If you have been scammed by Connolly please contact Queens County DA office, at 718-286-6000. Ask for Fred Wyshak, he wants to hear from others that Mr. Connolly has taken advantage of.

Old 10-07-2015, 05:06 PM   #56
Unregistered

I signed an agreement with Merchant Services Inc for credit and debit machines. However, due to countless overcharges and the terrible performance of the machines I decided to cancel. Coming to find out that my machines are by Northern Leasing which I never heard of them and they are saying I CANNOT cancel or I have to pay them $5000.

So if anybody started already a lawsuit against them. If so I would like to join.

If not, please contact me we can definitely win a lawsuit against them if we unite together.

Best regards,

Mina Meshreky

Old 10-07-2015, 05:11 PM   #57
Unregistered

Please contact me as I am looking for people in canada who got scammed by northern leasing like me.
If we unite, we can file a lawsuit against them.

Best regards,

Mina Meshreky
minanader@rogers.com

Old 06-01-2018, 03:32 PM   #58
Cari

Angry Re: Northern Leasing Systems: What can I do?

I'm glad they didn't hit Transunion, Experian let them put it on mine, and when I disputed this, they sent it along and wiped the dispute off my report. I have been 2 years going around with this company, and they are crooks and thieves!!!

Old 06-15-2018, 06:12 AM   #59
Unregistered

Contact the NY attorney generals office too. The more complaints the better.
The AG already punished them once.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:31 AM   #60
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cari View Post
I'm glad they didn't hit Transunion, Experian let them put it on mine, and when I disputed this, they sent it along and wiped the dispute off my report. I have been 2 years going around with this company, and they are crooks and thieves!!!
It is absolutely incredible that that Northern Leasing is still in business.
How can they possibly survive given all the deceptive actions they commit?