Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

 
Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > REAL ESTATE and PROPERTY LAW > Landlord vs Tenant Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices


Reply

 

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-30-2017, 03:18 PM   #131
gail in georgia
Top Level Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 733
Default Re: Can I break lease/get paid for black mold in my apartment?

Good gravy, will the mold issue never die?

Spray the area with a mixture of bleach and water and wipe it down.

Gail
gail in georgia is offline   Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-14-2018, 06:21 AM   #132
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can I break lease/get paid for black mold in my apartment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gail in georgia View Post
Good gravy, will the mold issue never die?

Spray the area with a mixture of bleach and water and wipe it down.

Gail
Why should we have to do that?
Isn't that the job of the landlord if the AC is leaking and mold starts growing on the wall and carpet?
  Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-04-2018, 12:40 AM   #133
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

You need to provide more info on the issue. In some states, one must be certified in order to make the determination that the growth is mold. I know, it sounds unfair when it's obvious. I realize your question is a few months old, but if the issue hasn't been resolved Contact your city or county environmental services agency (modern name for health dept) with your concern. They may be able to assist you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why should we have to do that?
Isn't that the job of the landlord if the AC is leaking and mold starts growing on the wall and carpet?
  Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 06-06-2018, 06:23 AM   #134
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Can I break lease/get paid for black mold in my apartment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You need to provide more info on the issue. In some states, one must be certified in order to make the determination that the growth is mold. I know, it sounds unfair when it's obvious. I realize your question is a few months old, but if the issue hasn't been resolved Contact your city or county environmental services agency (modern name for health dept) with your concern. They may be able to assist you.


I am going to small claim court in Texas next month and I did not get any such certification.
I hope that's not problem.
  Reply With Quote


Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Reply

Bookmarks

This thread has 133 replies and has been viewed 239149 times


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black mold found in apartment Lisambrown28 Landlord vs Tenant Issues 4 12-08-2015 06:41 AM
Black mold in apartment entire family sick/TN Duah Landlord vs Tenant Issues 12 10-13-2014 07:08 PM
Black mold found in my apartment... Can I break the lease? Unregistered Other Healthcare Law Issues 5 01-01-2011 02:20 PM
black mold growing in my apartment can not be fixed Unregistered Landlord vs Tenant Issues 1 11-29-2010 01:45 AM
Black Mold: I lived in an apartment that had been flooded RoKe Landlord vs Tenant Issues 4 02-03-2009 09:49 AM




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 AM.


Use of the Forums is subject to our Disclaimer. Copyright 2009-2018 by LegalJunkies.com