Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > REAL ESTATE and PROPERTY LAW > Landlord vs Tenant Issues

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-30-2017, 03:18 PM   #131
gail in georgia
Top Level Member

Default Re: Can I break lease/get paid for black mold in my apartment?

Good gravy, will the mold issue never die?

Spray the area with a mixture of bleach and water and wipe it down.

Gail
gail in georgia is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 02-14-2018, 06:21 AM   #132
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by gail in georgia View Post
Good gravy, will the mold issue never die?

Spray the area with a mixture of bleach and water and wipe it down.

Gail
Why should we have to do that?
Isn't that the job of the landlord if the AC is leaking and mold starts growing on the wall and carpet?

Old 06-04-2018, 12:40 AM   #133
Unregistered

You need to provide more info on the issue. In some states, one must be certified in order to make the determination that the growth is mold. I know, it sounds unfair when it's obvious. I realize your question is a few months old, but if the issue hasn't been resolved Contact your city or county environmental services agency (modern name for health dept) with your concern. They may be able to assist you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Why should we have to do that?
Isn't that the job of the landlord if the AC is leaking and mold starts growing on the wall and carpet?

Old 06-06-2018, 06:23 AM   #134
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You need to provide more info on the issue. In some states, one must be certified in order to make the determination that the growth is mold. I know, it sounds unfair when it's obvious. I realize your question is a few months old, but if the issue hasn't been resolved Contact your city or county environmental services agency (modern name for health dept) with your concern. They may be able to assist you.

I am going to small claim court in Texas next month and I did not get any such certification.
I hope that's not problem.