•  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasywheel
    • Aug 2018
    • United States

my attorney breach my contract

My attorneys in a civil suit finally received the defendants check. They tell me they will disburse checks tomorrow. I call first and the great news? Out of 8 checks, mine is missing. Why must I pay the price for their negligence? They tell me the earliest is Tuesday...Tuesday is today but now they said it must be done on Wed. Also, I have to sign a confidentiality paper before I get the check or I don't get the check. What? That money was GIVEN WILLINGLY TO US PLaintiffs...there should be no threat to not release the...the money is for the families, how in the hell do they have a right to keep MONEY given to me for what They did to my mom. Also, I sad NO, I do not want to settle for that small amount and my attorneys tell me I can not! Bull****...Does this sound reasonable to anyone? Oh almost forgot...y attorneys talked to my sister several times..I asked them to speak to her today, but it would be a breach of our contract@!!!!!! So, they admitted they breach the contract last month several times and today they change the rules....I
  • Lexus
    Top Level Member
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • Sep 2010
    • United States

Re: my attorney breach my contract

As a plaintiff you are not supposed to pay anything for the negligence of the attorneys. You can compel your attorney to present the check before you without much delay otherwise you have the option to file a bar complaint against them for negligence.

Comment

• AFFA
      Top Level Member
      ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
      • Dec 2009

I wish to inform you that you may serve a notice on the attorney and if the matter is not resolved then you may file a lawsuit for legal malpractice and negligence. Alternatively, you may file a complaint with the bar association. You may contact an attorney and seek guidance in this matter.

AFF

Comment

• Unregistered

I agree with affa, ask the bar to help resolve.
        They will do so!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Mad :mad: Confused :confused: Frown :( Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:

the color of a lemon is... (write the answer twice with an "@" between the words)

widgetinstance 213 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...