Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > Forum Information > Law News > International Law News

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2016, 07:47 AM   #1
Judicial Review

Default Can Putin be subpoenaed in a world or U.S. court to testify against Hillary Clinton?

This may sound strange at first, but our world is growing smaller and international crimes are committed in many legal jurisdictions by citizens of various countries, and witnesses can be traveling tourists - or even a world leader with access to intelligence files. The U.S. prosecutes drug cases and even kidnapped a world leader for prosecution in 1998 (Noriega). But since the U.S. refused to join the International Criminal Court,how can witnesses abroad be compelled to testify in other countries?

As you might guess, I am talking about the email files of Hillary Clinton which constituted legal evidence before she destroyed/deleted them from an unauthorized illegal server in her home. Russian President Vladimir Putin says his Intelligence agents has copies of those files and is thinking about releasing them to the public "in the interests of justice and world peace". Although that is a kind gesture, is there any legal process that could compel disclosure ot those documents in a court of law? The reason I raised this question is because I recently read this open letter to President Putin online which is self- explanatory...
Judicial Review is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 07-09-2016, 08:16 AM   #2
Unregistered

Default Re: Can Putin be subpoenaed in a world or U.S. court to testify against Hillary Clint

NO

Even a corrupt sovereign is immune under international law.

Ludmila

Old 07-10-2016, 08:17 AM   #3
msg
Top Level Member
msg's Flag is: United States

Default Re: Can Putin be subpoenaed in a world or U.S. court to testify against Hillary Clint

Presidents of nations cannot be compelled to appear abroad in civil and criminal cases except in the most extreme cases of war crimes, crimes against humanity etc.--usually where they themselves are involved.

And even then, the standard is so high that it is nearly impossible.
For better or for worse, this has been established by international law for centuries.
msg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2016, 02:08 PM   #4
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

The UN and World Court are controlled by the very people controlling Hillary.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2016, 02:27 AM   #5
JC5

Aint gonna happen, he will never obey any non-Russian subpoena.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:28 PM   #6
gab33

I wish Russia would be an honorable part of the World community like (even) China and others, but it just is not going to happen. At least not in the short term.
gab33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-04-2016, 11:58 PM   #7
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

With the Globalists overwhelming the EU, Canada and US with Muslims, who are the activation arm of The Bilderberg Group/One World Order/United Nations, the EU is expected to be overtaken within 50 years by Muslims. Australia and New Zealand are well on their way as is Canada. You may find Russians look very inviting in 100 years.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote