Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > Forum Information > Law News > International Law News

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-24-2017, 04:41 AM   #1
sahibzada
sahibzada's Flag is: Pakistan

Default Primary and Secondary Sources

Hello guys,
This question may be strange or stupid, but having a background of Computer Science, i have no idea what are the main difference between Primary and secondary sources of International law.
The treaties,customs,general principles of law recognized by civilized states are Primary sources, while Judicial decisions and teaching of publicists are the secondary sources
But what the are the main differences between them? If i want to write atleast 7 8 differences, what points i should pick?
sahibzada is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-24-2017, 03:07 PM   #2
adjusterjack
Top Level Member

Default Re: Primary and Secondary Sources

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibzada View Post

But what the are the main differences between them? If i want to write atleast 7 8 differences, what points i should pick?
You've already listed samples of each. Now you tell us what the differences are.

I'll make it easy on you.

Here's the California landlord/tenant law. It's a primary source:

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...ter=2.&article=

Here's a guide to the California landlord/tenant law. It's a secondary source:

http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/l...k/catenant.pdf

What do you think the differences are?
adjusterjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2017, 08:04 PM   #3
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Primary and Secondary Sources

I wish to inform you that the primary sources provide first-hand, original information and include laws and legislation, Acts of Congress, court cases, rules and regulations, government documents (such as congressional hearings), etc. Further, secondary sources include books, magazines, journals and newspapers which contain articles discussing various laws, regulations and various related issues.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote