Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > CRIMINAL LAW, ARRESTS, TRAFFIC TICKETS > Other Criminal Law Matters

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 06:28 PM   #11
Disagreeable
Top Level Member
Disagreeable's Flag is: United States

Default Re: How to dismissed or dropped charges of domestic violence harassment

You need to get a life. This site and similar sites, are to give guidance to those not possessing the information. Perhaps you need to learn more of the topic you are discussing, before casting stones. There are two types of physically violent relationships. Those are consensual and non consensual. This clearly falls into the non consensual. A consensual relationship, involving BDSM can include canings, whippings, faux rape, beatings and all other kinds of interesting devises of the constructive mind. The key is that the violence is consensual as is the resulting scars, bruises, abrasions and emotional trauma. Responsible people that partake in such proclivities usually involve a safe word, for TA DA, safety reasons. There is no middle ground between consensual and non consensual. The point you are trying make, involves tacit approval or acceptance of an illegal act. Many relationships function acceptably on that premise, in spite of its illegality. If you refer back to the OP's explanation of the act, there was clearly little provocation for a physical response and the response received was clearly way out of proportion, even for an act of tacit acceptance. I respectfully suggest you obtain treatment for your analcranium inversion syndrome and refrain from attempting to justify a blatant act of assault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sandy clause aka ( bitter dyke )
Please get a life. This individual was looking for legal advice not counseling from a neo nazi conservative cristian, which by the soud of the response hasn't had a relationship of her own in years. Maybe you should take up a hobby and seek counseling for your apparent disturbing hate for men.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Some days it is just not worth chewing through the restraints to face life.
Disagreeable is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 08-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #12
Unregistered

Angry Unfair charges against me

I began dating a girl with a kid who I thought had her head on her shoulders. I should not have but did. A month later we decided to move in together since we were both looking for a place. My rule of thumb was
Roomate first, then friend and then a girlfriend (if I would eventually like her). 3 Months later I could not stand her antics. Annoying, Weeping more than 80% of the time and there was no end to it. My parents were visiting internationally and although she was nice to them, they saw through her and advised me as well against this. Weeks before I was going to move out she began dating another guy (typical to jump from one branch to another and keep falling down) and hijacked the mail box keys. She yelled and so did I in front of him. Ignorant as I was that this new guy would talk her into domestic violence they called the cops moments after I got back home with my mom from the mall (with a few drinks on me). First the cops call me home to talk to me and then arrest me for domestic violence violation. What ? [she cop btw - another reason why]. So annoying. Then they mistreated my mom with ill information and did not even take care of her. No contact order issued so me and my mom moved out with minimum things to a new place.

On the day of the petition - this woman turns up (even after messaging my mom that she wont and will dismiss) to exclaim - oh my , I never knew this would be a police and criminal case.

The point being is that she has lied in her first report of me abusing her and threatening to kill her and her son. She had a gun in the house all the time and repeatedly never got it out of the house. I have in all 30 mins of getting out of that place (should have done without worrying about her and her school) and now am stuck with a 3K lawyer (not that I cant afford him) but if the law turns out against me - I am an immigrant in the process of my Green Card. How is this going to turn up ? Will the lawyer be able to justify that she had a gun for all these months and I had nothing but me and my mom ? Is anyone going to hear me out and is this a typical case from what I read that I have no way out ?

I have no intention to date for another long long time now. Not even worth my time, my career and my life.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

Honestly, you are in this so deep only your lawyer can competently advise you. It may very well cost you the ability to stay in the US.

I would not be trying to provide information and knowledge if I did not sympathize.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:25 AM   #14
Unregistered

I'm in a similar situation me and my boyfriend got into a fight I moved our and while being emotionally messed up and confused I went to the cops and recently we've been going to counsiling and working everythig out and doing great how do I go about dropping everything

Old 05-09-2014, 03:29 AM   #15
Unregistered

So my bf and I got into an argument over picking his son up from Utah. Financially I support me my son and him. He had shoved me into a wall and I called the police. While I was on the phone with them he attacked me again grabbing my phone and hanging up on them. So I called again. He left the house. I never said I wanted any charges pressed against him. He took off somewhere while they were on theirway to my house. mainly I just wanted him separated from the hone for a couple says. They came back at 6 am pounding on my door asking if he was there which he was. I said not to take him he needed to watch my son while I go to work. And I didn't want to press charges cop starts to walk away tells his partner I didn't want to press charges ANYMORE but his partner says it's too late and arrested him. I don't understand how he can say anymore when I never once said I wanted charges pressed. Please help. He has court Monday. What should I do. My son needs him around. We are in therapy together. And I also act out violently sometimes to. Which is why we r in therapy. Thanks

Old 08-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #16
Unregistered

hi im in bassically the same situation please tell me how this came out for you. I do not want charges against my husband.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #17
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

The above post obviously was submitted by a wife-beating cretin who believes women need to be kept in their place -- by force, if they so desire.

Maybe someday ...maybe someday...mysogynists will go the way of the dodo bird and women will be treated and respected as equal human beings, no longer punching bags to be controlled by weak men.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #18
Starryeyes89

Hi I'm sort of in a same situation I'm just lost on what to do. My daughters father n I were living together about 4 months ago now and he and I had been arguing about finances and on top of it he was drinking. I love him I really do he's a wonderful dad to the kids n me it's just that one time he got violent I'm not saying it's right by no means n he did his time in jail but how do I go about dropping the CDV charges? I mean I want us to be a happy family but I don't want him to go to jail. I have two kids and I already have dss hounding me n the case should already be closed but isn't? I just need to know what to do n what could be the positive n negitive outcomes of dropping te charges

Old 09-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #19
Disagreeable
Top Level Member

There are no good solutions to these situations. The state is the one prosecuting. They do not need you. Childrens Services can decide he is a danger. If you go you lose the relationship. If you stay you might face a life of abuse or be killed. Once everything is resolved through the courts and childrens services, if you stay together, move to another state and "start fresh".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starryeyes89 View Post
Hi I'm sort of in a same situation I'm just lost on what to do. My daughters father n I were living together about 4 months ago now and he and I had been arguing about finances and on top of it he was drinking. I love him I really do he's a wonderful dad to the kids n me it's just that one time he got violent I'm not saying it's right by no means n he did his time in jail but how do I go about dropping the CDV charges? I mean I want us to be a happy family but I don't want him to go to jail. I have two kids and I already have dss hounding me n the case should already be closed but isn't? I just need to know what to do n what could be the positive n negitive outcomes of dropping te charges

Old 09-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #20
Friend In Court
Top Level Member
Friend In Court's Flag is: United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starryeyes89 View Post
The negative outcomes are splashed across the pages of the newspapers and in graphic videos on TV, now every day. The violence will continue, will escalate until you end up like football player Rice's wife or the wife of an Alabama judge who needed hospitalization after he beat her and maimed her. This is no way for children to be raised, seeing violence in their home.

Children's Services have taken children away from homes where violence was perpetrated in front of the children, so think of them first -- how much they are traumatized when they see their mother being harmed. And what kind of message this sends for how they are to treat and be treated by their loved ones.

Wanting a happy family is magical thinking when violence is in the picture. Let him stand up and be accountable for his actions. If anger management classes is ordered for him, he needs to go. But nothing will change until HE changes and the violence will only escalate.

Changes have to be made. And made in HIM. Until then you will not have a happy family, but damaged children, and damaged you.
Friend In Court is offline   Reply With Quote