Legal Junkies Forums

#1 Community for Legal Questions and Answers

Go Back   Legal Junkies Forums > BANKRUPTCY and DEBT COLLECTIONS > Consumer Bankruptcy

Register FAQ Tags Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Layout

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2014, 03:15 AM   #1
Qkhan

Credit Card & PL Default

I worked in Dubai with financial institutions and banks for over 10 years and with a very clean credit history. During 2013 i got stuck outside UAE by another country authorities for some financial investigation. It took more than a year and a half to investigate and till then i was not allowed to travel out of the country.
They took off the travel bank in October 2014 and now i have credit card and PL default cases in UAE. I wanted to payoff my debts and contacted the banks to explain my situation. But banks are persistent on the same down payment methodology of debt collection.
I proposed banks to allow me some time to establish myself again so that i can start repayments but most of the banks are very stringent with their policies.
I need advice how to go forward as i have all documentary proofs to support my case.
Qkhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
Old 11-17-2014, 03:35 AM   #2
AFFA
Top Level Member

Default Re: Credit Card & PL Default

I wish to inform you that you may contact an attorney in Dubai dealing with financial dispute resolution. Many of these law firms have offices abroad and if they have an office in the country where you reside presently you may contact them there and seek guidance.

AFF
AFFA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
shanan

Can someone clear my doubt My friend had taken a loan of aed 25000 and a credit card of aed 5000 in dubai in Dec 2013.As she was pregnant and her doctor suggested that she travel back to her country for delivery she informed her company and came for her delivery and got stucked in her country coz of her treatment and her baby passport.she is still on her company visa and her company wants her to join back. her visa is going to expire in Feb as her husband is working in dubai wants to take them on his visa and work in the same company and clear her loan.please suggest will she be stopped at immigration as she needs my help to findout coz she will be travelling with her baby
will the bank allow her to work on spouse visa if her company provides letter
shanan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2014, 02:36 AM   #4
Mika28

Can someone help me on whats the best to do. I have a credit card in Dunia and been a good payer to them however this November I want able to pay them since I have a loan and other credit cards from HSBC Emirates NBD and FGB which I have used fully. I couldn't pay all my cc especially Dunia who is charging me like hell. And keeps on calling me and in the office telling me that they will put me to legal. My dunia balance is 94000 dirhams which is I believe consist more of an interest only, the rest of the cards are only 25000 dirhams limit. I couldn't pay it anymore since my salary will not be enough. and this Dunia is killing me calling me hundred times. Can anyone advice me please? I badly need your help. thank you.
Mika28 is offline   Reply With Quote